Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hee hee, I just put in last Friday and there was a 50(?)' Hattaras being worked on next to the hoist at Michigan Harbor, man, talk about feeling dwarfed and having boat envy (I know, I know, it doesn't have sails..........)

Attachments

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should have provided some reference, I have a Catalina 27, standard rig. here's another shot from the side...

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's not too bad. I have a C27 kept at Markley. For the past 2 months I was docked next to a C42. Plus I have to drive past Sun & Sail on the way there and back and they've fairly consistently had a Beneteau 50 sitting out front.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That would sting, those are beautiful boats!!

Do you race Ryan?? I will be starting to race a C27 on the Wed night series. (JAM class I believe)

What hull# do you have? We have #3301 from 1977, traditional interior, A4 engine purring like a kitten (gotta love those A4's!!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good point!! (And it only costs $28 to fill my gas tank, yearly
I wonder what his gas bill is heh heh heh

The wind is free.......................... BLOW ME!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's who's got the biggest stick that really matters!

I race on a few different boats depending on what night it is. Never my own though. It's strictly for cruising with the wife. I'm racing on Beneteau 38 on Wednesday nights and Saturdays in one of the spinnaker classes whenever we get out again. Hopefully soon. I raced on Windcatcher last year once on Wednesday nights. It's another C27 that will be in your class.

Getting ready right now to go out for NOOD this morning on some boat out of Crescent.

I have a 1986 #6229 a standard rig fin keel with Universal 18 with wheel steering. There are some pictures of it here. http://members.tripod.com/~ryan-psu/index.html I can't stand Atomic 4's. I had a dog neighbor with one last year. Quit every time he shifted gears. He hit the dog almost every time coming in because of it.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I guess I've been fortunate with my A4, I bought the Moyer service manual and have been able to do everything on this engine. Mind you, I'm not a mechanic at all, I'm a systems analyst so this is a major accomplishment for me (my dad is so proud...) I've been able to tear apart and rebuild the carb, replace points & timing stuff, etc..... I know the tradeoffs between gas and diesel and would prefer diesel, but I'm not about to rip out a perfectly good working iron horse just to say I have diesel...

Good luck in the Noods!!! This will be the first year I haven't raced the Noods in a while, I have a camping trip with my boys planned (scouts....)

I hope the weather cooperates for you (keep those foulies handy!!)

Definition of racing: Standing in a freezing cold shower ripping up hundred dollar bills while someone is screaming at you that you're doing it wrong!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have one with a Universal Diesel. I used to have a C22 with outboard and decided never again to get a boat with outboard. I'm completely mechanically uninclined. I couldn't do an oil change in a car if my life depended on it. I've learned how to change all the filters now and can do the belts and winterizing also so I feel pretty good.

I just got home from the festivities at Crescent. I'm too ripped to make it down to Bayview tonight. And there are still 2 more days to go. Tomorrow is supposed to be a real a$$ kicker.

I didn't race for about 3 years. Last year I raced a couple of times towards the end of the season and remembered what I've been missing. This year I'm back full into things again. I'm on a boat for the Mackinac race in July for the first time. This is my first NOOD here also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts