Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tournament Angler's,

We will have our early registration for boat positions at Bass Pro Shops in Auburn Hills, MI on March 14, March 15 and March 16 from the open to the close of the store.

To get our schedule go to gntfish.com

We have many different trails, all of which are run by myself.

Tuesday Night- Lake St. Clair $60.00
Wednesday Night - Lake Orion $60.00
Thursday NIght- Lower Detroit River $60.00

South East Michigan Franklin Trail $100.00
North East Michigan Franklin Trail $100.00
North West Michigan Franklin Trail $100.00

GNT Walleye $150.00

ELITE ANGLER Trail $175.00

The dollar amounts shown are per event for the team!

Last year they said I couldn't have a championship, well I did and it was one of the nicest Championships within our state.

We have the highest payout of any trail! 80% cash at the ramp! No need to add all the give aways as the value can be whatever I want. The fact is, 80% cold hard cash at the ramp!

Doug Phillips

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Madman24,

GNT currently only utilizes the team format, there just hasn't been enough of a request to have draw tournaments within our organization. Draw tournaments do work as there are many successful trails out there.

If you desire to fish with us and need a partner start posting for a partner. Unfortunately there are many divorces during the off season of which could benifit you with your needs.

Doug

·
Registered
243 Posts
Doug

Thanks for the info.

Would it be a problem to only fish a couple events during the year?

Do you have to register in advance because I'm not sure which events I can make?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve1,

Are you the Steve that I met last year at BPS? If so, how is the wife and kid or kids.

There should not be a need to register with your given circumstances. We are putting a limit as far as participation on all our trails. Week Nights 25 teams, Franklin trails 50 teams, Walleye Trail 50 teams and the ELITE ANGLER trail will be limited to 75.

Why are we putting a lid on the amount of teams? These are numbers that I feel we can handle without any problems at all. As many of you are aware we have a BBQ at our events, have one of the highest live release rates and have many anglers and their families stay around after the weigh in. We need to ensure all aspects of the event go without concerns. Thanks you for the question.

Doug

·
Registered
424 Posts
Doug
The timing will be off for some of us to go to Bass Pro for the early draws the 15th 16th are the days for the Bass University in Lansing and most people will be leaving on Friday and those of us that live down south here will be tough to make it is there any other way that the deposit can be entered.
Mike
www.ErieAnglers.com

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Not only cold hard cash, but sensitive light Graphite too!

All Star Graphite Rods is proud to be a sponsor of GNT Elite Angler's Trail for Big Bass Awards this year. Fish a GNT Elite Event and catch the Big Bass for the day and recieve an All Star Graphite Rod of your choice! See me or Doug for more details....

And Todd Kohler if your reading this you better call about your award from last years championship. All the other guys got theirs already!

Mini

·
Registered
232 Posts
Doug,

Many of still have questions about the changes to you circuits that we need answered before we commit to your trail. Could you clarify how the Classic will work for the Elite and Franklin trails? What about a membership, are you still collecting a fee?

Thanks,

Vic C

·
Registered
243 Posts
Doug

Sorry wrong Steve

I am looking forward to maybe getting to fish a couple of thurs nights this year. All depends how much time I can get off

I'm planning to go to BPS next weekend, maybe I'll see you there!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vic,

Yes, there will be a membership fee. Last year we went over budget by about $6,000.00 the food and beverages in the afternoon and the coffee and sweets in the morning, the parks permit fee, the "FEW" newsletters that went out, attorney fee's, Liability Insurance and the web site sent us over budget last year. These are a few hidden costs that most tournament anglers don't see. Trust me there are many more, anyone who owns a business can relate to the hidden expences or the "Cost of doing business".

We have found ways to cut some corners, but the membership fee is still needed to make an events happen.

The Championship has not been finalized as of yet. I had no info last year and asked the anglers to trust me, those that trusted me 'Great" those that didn't "Oh well". The Franklin, week night and walleye will probably be fishing in a qualifing tournament before the Grand Championship. These teams will only be fishing against the other's in their given trail. There also will be some sort of fee for the championship at this level. The reason for the fee is because of the high payout we do at the ramp and the need to purchase prizes for the championship. The Grand Championship is another subject of which isn't done yet either. Those that participated in our championship never could have imagined what they got, they knew I said things would be good and the majority felt there has never been an event like the one GNT put on.

Doug

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sorry I could not make it B.P but I got Dave Hayward to go in my place. David Hayward as spokesmen for the Spring Classic on I.S.G. products, David who also has won multiple Great Lakes' championships FLW, EVERSTART, and many more, he has helped in the design the ultimate tube. Only Bass Pro Knows this so far, I will give you time and dates soon.
Thanks Mike
ErieAnglers
ps Bass Pro just ordered another 300 bags of tubes the St Clair special so they will have plenty of tubes in stock these tubes are hot. Can't wait till they find out how the Clapper's Magic works on Lake Erie.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Mini, didn't you talk to Todd on the phone when I saw you at the Ford Feild show? I'll pass word up the channels that your looking for him....

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fellow Angler's,

I have been asked why we do an early draw with a small deposit. The reason is the food! We have Hotdogs, chips and soda's at the weigh-in of many of our events. The Week Night events have food every other tournament, the rest have food at each event. I have come up with the percentage of anglers that pre-register, this allows me to get a close guestament of the amount of food to bring. Too much food, I lose because it ends up in the trash (trust me when I say this, the first few weeks we hate to throw away any food. We have hotdogs for breakfast, lunch, dinner and all snacks. By August, to even look at a hotdog turns my stomach and that's a big turn.) Not enough food and we have angry anglers.

I hope this better explains this for you! I did see a post from a Rich on another thread and I know Paul S. has his specific reasons for doing his early draw. I feel Paul wouldn't do anything to hurt any of his anglers. If after you look at the programs and you feel like you need to try something else, give GNT a try (gntfish.com). Once again, Paul is a good guy that cares for his angler's.

Doug

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nick, Ryan, Brian, Dan and the 15 other's that called and left a message on my cell yesterday.

I'm very sorry that I couldn't get to your call, we are not permitted to use a cell phone on the floor at BPS while we are working. I closed last night, which means I didn't get the messages till 10:45 p.m. I think you guys would have shot me if I called then, if you didn't, your wife would have for sure. LOL

Many of you had questions, I will will try to contact all of you today prior to getting to work. Mini is on this site and part of the staff for GNT, I know and trust that he could answer any question if you need an answer right now. He also knows how to reach me while I'm working if it is a question that he can't answer. I will contact all of you as soon as I can and I thank each and every one of you for forming your own opinion on what we feel is a great program.

One team member needs to register, both anglers are not needed.

Sponsor's you have the ability to register through the mail as your donation to our events will be arriving through the mail anyways. I thank you for commiting so early to the program.

Doug

1 - 14 of 14 Posts