Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
caught the first smallie of the year saturday on kent lake. the 14"er took a 1/4 oz Terminator finesse jig with an Uncle Josh traielr in black and blue. My buddy caught one the same size on sunday with the same lure. we went out for 1 hour on saturday and 2 hours on sunday on my boat. it was very cold, but worth it.

madman himself

·
Registered
467 Posts
Madman...did you have any problem launching out on Kent? The water looked pretty low when I stopped by to pick up my boat and car pass last week...Thanks for the info...

·
Registered
927 Posts
yep. water is down 3 feet. they drain it down every year for "maintnance". but there is a decent drop of about 1 foot after you get out a little. had to put the whole truck in the water tho. then, i had to pick my partner up over by the big seawall. if you stick to the right 2 ramps you will be ok. those two drop off quicker than the other ones. the first day was kinda a headache, but sunday we knew better. no problems sunday! the good thing about the lake being down tho, it reveals some secret structure. the point that we caught our fish from was new to me. never knew it was there. really small point with pretty steep drop from about 4 feet down to 8 feet and stops right at a bend in the river channel. produced 2 chunks ( 1 for me, 1 for my buddy) and we both missed another one. i have never fished this early in the year before from a boat. but it seems like it would be easier this time of year because its so obvious where the fish will be holding. i hope the weather gets a little bit warmer and maybe a little less wind by mid-week. cant wait to get out again and learn!

madman himself

1 - 7 of 7 Posts