Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine,.. the overall Economy of the whole world is driven by the Automotive Buisness.

THERE WOULD BE NO AIRCRAFT BUISNESS IF THERE WAS NO AUTO IND.

There would be no reason for roadworkers, think about,....what does the auto industry feed, basically every thing that we know that is in existance in todays culture. and future .

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
there would be farmers and prostitutes (and thats it)

all the men would farm so they could eat and go out and get a little somethin somethin

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
I agree with goose , SEX ,,

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Absolutely, the Auto industry has a huge influence, especially around here, but I am not sure that it is everything. Nationally, everything thrives on everything else. One could say that everything depends on anything if you relate it right. Basically as I see it, any of the major industries have huge effects on the economy. Avaition, Agriculture (manufacture of farm equiptment and science included), Construction, everything. Take a link out of the chain, the chain falls apart. Just my .02

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I'm going to have to agree with TPF consumer spending is what drives the economy in my mind.....keep in mind I don't know much.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Once again I'll have to agree with you TPF noone around the country cares about it....it doesn't effect them. Maybe in there 401k's but that's about it. There not seeing jobs leaving there home towns or massive layoff that never seem to end.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
dude, my dream is to leave this part of the state and run a resort up north, houghton lake preferably. ahhhh, away from detroit!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Sex is a HUGE industry and becoming mainstream!
Time to get in that business!!!
<_<

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I Disagree, without the auto industr fueling other industries, there would be nothing, your wives would not have $$ to spend, to put into the economy, aircraft would not be needed as much, without a job to go to, you have no money to sdpend in the economy.....look at 3rd world country economy's...yeah.....see.
computers/software developed for auto.
auto buisness effects the livley hood of everything, it is somewhat the basis of the economy.
without a job, you dont buy a watch, a candle, a shirt, a glass, a toy, a phone, a computer with this neet software applications, a boat.......

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
ultimately.... Demand... is what drives the economy... Economics 101

I'd say though with the Auto industry being the largest manufacturing industry in the Country... no doubt it drives the economy more than we probably even know....with it reponsible for 6.6 million direct/indirect jobs - how can it not???

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Feb 12 2004, 02:53 PM)Here, in the Detroit area it's everything to all of us...
I think... because it affects us first, and then the ripple effect occurs. When the Auto industry is down, Detroit is the first to feel it.. and the last to recover.. that's why it is so important here. Because of the impact it really does have.... 5 percent of the private sector jobs would be lost with out it... that's huge!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Feb 12 2004, 02:37 PM)I Disagree, without the auto industr fueling other industries, there would be nothing, your wives would not have $$ to spend, to put into the economy, aircraft would not be needed as much, without a job to go to, you have no money to sdpend in the economy.....look at 3rd world country economy's...yeah.....see.
computers/software developed for auto.
auto buisness effects the livley hood of everything, it is somewhat the basis of the economy.
without a job, you dont buy a watch, a candle, a shirt, a glass, a toy, a phone, a computer with this neet software applications, a boat.......
yep yep... most agreed. no money, no demand.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
unrelated to the topic...

I think we are a glorified ant colony....

everybody has their parts and we all somehow fit together to make the world run how it currently does...

but, in the end, it doesn't matter what drives anything... ya know? What does it REALLY prove? nothing... we just do what we do to get through our day to day's and our short lives... and so will all the future generations....

It amounts to squat! So we can worry or not worry about whatever we set out selves out to worry about, bc it really doesn't matter!

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Feb 12 2004, 02:30 PM)unrelated to the topic...

I think we are a glorified ant colony....

everybody has their parts and we all somehow fit together to make the world run how it currently does...

but, in the end, it doesn't matter what drives anything... ya know? What does it REALLY prove? nothing... we just do what we do to get through our day to day's and our short lives... and so will all the future generations....

It amounts to squat! So we can worry or not worry about whatever we set out selves out to worry about, bc it really doesn't matter!

Well I agree with you and I disagree with you

I agree that in the long run it really dosent matter, but I think that if we want to improve our living situation now and for future generations there should be someone out there examining how our economy works so that we can change it for the better.

This kind of thinking is what has prevented another great depression after 9/11

1 - 20 of 26 Posts