Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been on the lake for a few seasons but we are new to the marina scene. We were considering moving from Emerald City to Jefferson Beach. Is the difference enough to justify the cost? Any one have first hand experience at both marinas? Any advise is appreciated.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
i'm at emerald city (last summer) and thinking of switching possibly to jefferson beach, why are you thinking of moving, i'd tell you my problems but i think EC are sponsors, but if you do a search on Emerald City you will probably find my story

are you having problems with JB?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I also considered leaving Emerald City, but all of my friends are there and talked me into staying.
Not a bad place. Could use to fix a few problems though that I'm sure cause many people to leave.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I'm at Michigan Harbor just north of the two you are considering. It's a bit less expensive and has more drive up wells. There's not too much of a "community" feeling there, but I am not a sit at the marina type person so I am fine with that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
im over at jefferson beach and thinking about moving over too emerald city. I think jb is way over rated and too expensive plus i spend alot of time at emerald city because alot of friends over there.

·
LSCN Sponsor
328 Posts
Well I would have to say that I am a biased opinion.

But Emerald City does try its best. We have the youngest base of Customers in SE MI and we also cater to 20' - 45' so it is a wide range of boaters, lifestyles and personalities. Small boats w/fisherman. Small Med & Large Partiers near Jacks and spread through out the marina and 32' - 45' boaters that just want peace and quiet by the water. Let me know your problems and see if it can be handled before you leave.
Sue

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
i was at both marinas. my dad at ech for 20 years. the only problem with ech i ever had was parking. and people driving crazy from jacks. stat off the main road and it is good. people there are great.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
a security gate would be nice on the drive going to the 200 and 100 docks like they have down by jacks.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
clearing non-paying boats IMMEDIATLY would be nice, the boat that got pissed when I took their non-paying slip was back in the well one day after I left, was there until the end of the season, must be nice, free dockage

I'm just gonna pull into an empty well next year and make it my spot, no payin', no nothing, ECH doesn't do anything to freeloaders so why not take advantage

problem is finding vacant wells that won't be taken, i think i have some idea.....

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
if you like over priced, non secure, and i mean non secure, boat wells, go for JB. there are more politics and A-holes that you can count in that place, and thats just staff. dependant on where your slip is, the dock mates aint too friendly either. plus, the place needs a big bug bomb dropped on it... unless you like spiders

from what iv seen, ECH is a nice place

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
QUOTE(Goose @ Dec 12 2003, 01:49 AM)clearing non-paying boats IMMEDIATLY would be nice, the boat that got pissed when I took their non-paying slip was back in the well one day after I left, was there until the end of the season, must be nice, free dockage

I'm just gonna pull into an empty well next year and make it my spot, no payin', no nothing, ECH doesn't do anything to freeloaders so why not take advantage

problem is finding vacant wells that won't be taken, i think i have some idea.....

Sue at E,C.H , said she was going to talk with the powers that be at marina about security gates going in to boat well parking areas . think this will eliminate a lot of free loaders, figure they wont be able to park there cars any where to get to there boats.

·
LSCN Sponsor
328 Posts
Well I can't please everyone and with a small staff keeping up with the freeloaders isn't easy.

Goose if it really is that bad you might be happier someplace else for the season and for events when you want to come over, call me and I will be happy to get you a place for the weekend.

We never claimed to be the marina for everyone. We just do our best. If I sound like I take it personally, I do!! It is my job and I do the best I can.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
sue i fidured you would like that one... that should go right under the ech sign out front...

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
ECH always accommodated us when needed, I mean in a big way. Jack's is a bonus also.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
BTW - Jefferson Beach never supported this site keeping it free to all, ECH has many times.

·
LSCN Sponsor
328 Posts
Had to edit that previous Jim was posting under my name but I do thank you!! I will copy that page for my office HEE HEE

And as far as freeloaders go there won't be any next year in fact my boss heard from a friend who heard from a friend ... that this conversation was on the internet back then and now there are no FREE wells even for friends during the season or Venetian. Any empty wells will be rented for transient fees and Venetian weekend will be handled like Sinbads does for the races. (It was nice as a favor for friends now it is more work with contracts etc..) They are looking at $200 for the week! Friday August 1st - Sunday August 10th

1 - 17 of 17 Posts