Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will it never end? I got a list of "open" wells from the Emerald City office and called and requested one of the wells to move my boat to (paid in full for the well early in the year). They said it would be ok to put it there, but I told them there was a small boat tied up in it. They said it wasn't supposed to be there and they would make some calls to get it moved. This was last Tuesday or Wednesday.

So I pick up the boat Friday, pull in to emerald city, and the boat is still in the well, no big deal, we put in a different one that was available for the night. Came back saturday morning and the boat was still there so i left a friendly note saying the well had been assinged and if they could please move. When we pulled back saturday night they moved it to another well down the way, all good.

So the boat owner two wells down starts yelling big time at us that we can't put our boat there and that so and so "owns" that well. I explain that I talked to emerald city and that this well was open and we could put our boat there for the remainder of the season, she did't believe me and continued to argue so I just ignored her. Then our immediate next well neighbor pulled up and we heard her say "now we'll get to the bottom of this" implying that i was just BS ing her the whole time. Fortunatly he told her it was an open well so that shut her up fast.

Then, after the CK Jacks Party on sunday, i walk back to the boat to button it up for the night and see another neighbor about two wells to the other side and say "hi, hows it goin?, im your new neighbor" This jackass immediatly accuses me of screwing around with his stuff while he was gone for the weekend and telling me not to F with his crap and this and that (which i did NOT do.) So when I was done with my boat I walked to my car and said "thanks for the warm welcome" to this a-hole. He jumps out of his boat and runs to my car window cursing at me saying i moved his stuff around and not to F with him (which turned out to be someone moved his picnic table that was located in the middle of the parking lot).

I left and made mad calls to emerald city. I then came back cause I wanted to move the boat away from this idiot. They had security there talking to him. Convinsor helped my move the boat to a safe location.

Emerald city needs to put their foot down on idiot well renters that think they own the entire harbor. I was told before that this guy was sometimes on a short fuse so there probably was problems with him in the past. Emerald city also needs to keep track of whos in what well and tow or move boats that don't belong that have been there for more than a day and night.

I'm pretty sure I won't be back at Emerald City next year.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
wow. that is absolutely crazy! i am so over arseholes who think they are something they aren't or never were. did you talk to sue?

·
12,052 Posts
When Sue got us wells for the festival, she walked around the marina to confirm the well numbers. She couldn't believe all the free loaders using slips for free, she told me. Must be nice to just scam some well for the season, eh?

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Aug 25 2003, 12:38 PM)wow. that is absolutely crazy! i am so over arseholes who think they are something they aren't or never were. did you talk to sue?
yeah, but i was probably incoherant when i left the message, i was pissed and it was late......

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i'm sure she'll take good care of ya. and think...maybe cause of you, lots of freeloaders will be removed! way to go you!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
NO kidding Deuce.
I'm thinking about leaving next year also but not because of the idiots. I really like all of my neighbors.
I'm leaving just because the marina doesn't care about the marina residents.
It literally took them 3 years to fix my leaking faucet.
They still haven't fixed my broken dock after 4 years. It's going to take someone falling and hurting themselves and then sueing them to fix it.
They sort of paved the lot but piled all kinds of rocks in front of my well. I have to take out my 4 wheel drive truck because I get stuck every time . I asked them if they could move the rocks somewhere so I could park in front of my well without getting stuck. They told me that there was probably nothing they could do.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's funny what you learn only AFTER you have a problem. Been hearing that Emerald City has a reputation for poor service and idiot renters. Never heard this before.

Also learned Jasper engines suck, never heard of that before I had a problem with them.

Hind sight - 20/20.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Remind me to tell you sometime about the problem I had with Jacks then called and talked to Jack Mathes.
What a nightmare that was.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
iam on the 200 docks at emerald city , youd be suprised how many open wells there are durring the week but on the weekends , someone different is in them. figure its none of my buissness.just as long as there not messing with anyone elses boat . over by the the gas dock i guess parking is limited i have seen a few times people getting in to it yelling and almost fighting. on the larger wells east of jacks on that strip they have a gate so not just anyone can enter ,would be nice if they did it for other parking areas also. security could be a little better anyone from resteraunt can pull in to parking lot your talking about and take anything. its sad people have to get all irate and start fights over issues that dont concern them. theres some old guy parked next to sea wall was upset with me one night because i took his parking spot according to him. i had seen him in past and just said your upset because you cant siphon gas from your van to your boat is all. ive seen you many times and your well isnt here its down by me . i like the mechanics there pretty good and honest. stop by for a shot and beer , if some time deuce were there on weekend no fights at the end of dock where i am no one wants to walk that far . lol ,,

G

·
BobRob

You make a good point. It is nobody's buisness what is going on with another well. I have spent a bit of time down there this year with my LSCN friends and have been witnessing these crazy (non-boater) boat owners. I say that because these are not the typical true boaters that I know out there. All my boating friends have respect for each other.
This guy that got on Dueces case was a (non-boater) boat owner. And does not deserve to have a boat. he acted exactally the way Duece decribed and, He wasn't even drunk! What a MORON.

Sue, please help on this one. He is driving away your buisness.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is my first year as a well renter and at michigan harbor all is well. Except for the fun governers that complained because i was partying untill 4am(only once)hahaha

·
AKA gcalan
334 Posts
QUOTE(isellguns @ Aug 25 2003, 07:20 PM)This is my first year as a well renter and at michigan harbor all is well. Except for the fun governers that complained because i was partying untill 4am(only once)hahaha

what does it cost??

electricity/water/pool?

·
Registered
46 Posts
it was $1400 for a 30'x10.5 well with water and elec. no pool

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Deuce, I'm sure Sue will take care of you. Please talk to her directly and she will make it right. I say locate another slip and try to inquire or speak to the neighbors prior to moving your boat in. Good luck!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Deuce, let my explain something to you, I have been in my well for seven years and have never had any problems. As for my neighbors they did not know that the well was not rent by the guy with the small Chris Craft, they were just looking out for him because they thought that he rented that well for the rest of the season. We have a problem with people parking there cars and there boats in that area and going to Jack’s leaving no parking places for people who are boat owners to park. Convincor as for the guy that was yelling at Deuce I have no idea why he would do that he is good neighbor to me and every one down there he is always their and looks out for everyone else.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
QUOTE(ChrisCraft @ Aug 25 2003, 04:53 PM)Deuce, let my explain something to you, I have been in my well for seven years and have never had any problems. As for my neighbors they did not know that the well was not rent by the guy with the small Chris Craft, they were just looking out for him because they thought that he rented that well for the rest of the season. We have a problem with people parking there cars and there boats in that area and going to Jack's leaving no parking places for people who are boat owners to park. Convincor as for the guy that was yelling at Deuce I have no idea why he would do that he is good neighbor to me and every one down there he is always their and looks out for everyone else.
They were misinformed by the chris-craft owner. They should be pissed at him for making them look like asses trying to stick up for him. If I were running Emerald City I would have the security guards have a current list of boats in wells and they should check nightly. Any boat not registered and paid should be first stickered and then towed, and I would only give 2 days before towing. Hope you don't mind the yearly fee increases for docking there while there are a lot of freeloaders out there taking what we pay for for free. EMH is losing a lot of money and customers because of this.

Besides, I explained to the lady that I talked with Emerald City and this well was open and not rented, she didn't want to listen to that and assumed I was just BS'ing. Regardless, it puts a damper on being friendly with your new neighborhors if thats the crappy welcome legitimate renters receive.

The one guy assumed that I moved his picnic table and he threw a sh*t fit about it, which I didn't move, and regardless, the parking is very limited as you say and I can see why someone may have moved it, it's right in the middle of the parking spaces. I wasn't aware that the space in front of the well was assigned to the boat owner, cause if thats the case I have another complaint as the space in front of my well was also taken by a someone else's car.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I used to keep my old boat up at Captain's Cove and there was this cranky (to put it nicely) middle aged guy that was always yelling at us for anything and everything...We moved his table (wasn't his, was marina's), we parked in his spot (don't think so, didn't want to be near him) and etc.....He ended up dieing of a heart attack and never bothered us again.

I would talk with Sue...she's a awesome person and I'm sure she'll handle this problem for ya! Hope all works out for you.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.