Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody list emergency numbers to call if you break down or have an accident on the water.US & Canadian.I know there is a tow boat service by Grosse Isle.If you get towed by the coast guard,Windsor Police,Sherriff how much is the charge?Fall is a time when there are few boats on the water & it's nice to know help is a phone call away.Especially after the engine ripped off the guys boat during an essex county tournament a few weeks back.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I called the coast guard at the Amherstburg station & he said they will tow you no charge.I don't know if this is Canadian only or for both US & Canadian.Sets my mind more at ease.Also he said get that vhf radio.They have had emergency calls before & the cell phone goes dead & they can't find the people in need.The vhf has a direct line I think star 16.When you are talking anybody on that line will hear & can assist.Actually that just happened on Erie with a commercial fishing boat,the Captain I guess had a heart attack & on channel 16 a doctor with some divers that were working on gas wells heard the call & saved his life.Coast guard came a little bit later & choppered him away.Have to get one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.