Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv been saving all of my empty dip tins for a while now and i just counted them all up and i got 137. My goal was to someday make something cool out of all the tins like a table or something like that. I need ideas to help me decide what to build out of the empty tins. If i like your idea il build it and post pics of it. Tell me what you would build with all of them........

·
Registered
992 Posts
Go to skoalbrotherhood.com and check out the "art" section. There is a bunch of pics of what guys made with the empty containers. Plus once you register you get coupons in the mail all the time

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Instead of making a tacky piece of furniture, maybe I could make a suggestion... Here is a short list of things I have used them for in the past or have seen them used for...

split shot
crawler harnesses
crawler harness supplies (beads, clevises, blades, etc..)
bait
hooks
nails/screws
bb's/pellets
leaders

I used them for fly tying supplies as well in the past. Of course hooks, beads, eyes, etc. come to mind but drill a small hole in the top and they can be used as a nice dubbing dipenser as well, fly guys will know what I mean.
I'm sure there are many other suggestions but these are the ones that came to mind.... feel free to add other suggestions.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
QUOTE(Grapes @ Mar 10 2010, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>build a giant container to hold the cancerous tumor your going to get from it.

I was going to say, build a new jaw with it, because you won't have one in a few years. I like yours better....

put some electrical tape on um filled will sand. They made nice street hockey pucks..

or make me a new liver.... I'll need one in a few years...

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
QUOTE(Woody95 @ Mar 11 2010, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Grapes @ Mar 10 2010, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>build a giant container to hold the cancerous tumor your going to get from it.

I was going to say, build a new jaw with it, because you won't have one in a few years. I like yours better....

put some electrical tape on um filled will sand. They made nice street hockey pucks..

or make me a new liver.... I'll need one in a few years...

LOL, I was going to suggest the street hockey pucks too as we used to do the same thing when we were kids. They didn'y usually last too long but it served the purpose.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
If you wanted something a little more permanant, you can try to arrange the different color tins to look like a big skoal (if that's the brand you chew) tin if you squint at it, and if you fill them with play sand for some density, build yourself a nice 2" tall wall bordered table, re-sort the tins into the table, mix boo-koo amounts of epoxy or use something like mirrorcoat, pour, let dry, and you have yourself a bar top or table top for the man cave.

·
Registered
992 Posts
QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Mar 12 2010, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you wanted something a little more permanant, you can try to arrange the different color tins to look like a big skoal (if that's the brand you chew) tin if you squint at it, and if you fill them with play sand for some density, build yourself a nice 2" tall wall bordered table, re-sort the tins into the table, mix boo-koo amounts of epoxy or use something like mirrorcoat, pour, let dry, and you have yourself a bar top or table top for the man cave.

That kind of thought takes time, I'm impressed... lol

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
QUOTE(Swimin Scott @ Mar 12 2010, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Mar 12 2010, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you wanted something a little more permanant, you can try to arrange the different color tins to look like a big skoal (if that's the brand you chew) tin if you squint at it, and if you fill them with play sand for some density, build yourself a nice 2" tall wall bordered table, re-sort the tins into the table, mix boo-koo amounts of epoxy or use something like mirrorcoat, pour, let dry, and you have yourself a bar top or table top for the man cave.

That kind of thought takes time, I'm impressed... lol

Well what the f**k else does one do with 137 tins of dip!?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts