Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great finish to my 2009 erie season. Went out 6 times this year and each trip was very successful and no bad weather. Last time I saw fishing like this was 2006 but it's even better this year because of the plentiful 2003 year class 22-24 inch fish along with the surprisingly huge 2006 class.

Last 3 trips have been BB's and harnesses in 26-28fow 1.3-1.5mph right on the Mi/Ohio line straight out from Stoney.

Today went out by myself and went 10 for 13 on the walleye in 2 hours. 7 keepers, 3 shorts, 3 lost. 2 perch, no trash fish

Hot colors for me have been gold holo with gold holo beads, chartruese blade and beads, blueberry muffin blade w chartruese beads. Gulps worked just as well as crawlers. I would periodically dip them in the alive jar to recharge.

Get out there if you can. Boat is headed to the west side this week for the next 2 months for salmon

Food Ingredient Seafood Fish Cuisine

Attachments

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Nice job Tom. Wish I could have gone. Maybe next time good luck on the salmonids. Still need to make it to the westside sometime for the Kings!!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Nice job Tom! We had a great year out there as well and after the tree day trip this weekend I am beginning to think of the west side as well. I might be getting up towards Whitehall next weekend. Where are you going to be?

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Great job Tom! I should kick your a$$ for fishing by yourself though bro.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
QUOTE(islander @ Jul 15 2009, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I read a post somewhere that said "the western basin is polluted with walleye right now"
I'm gonna start using that phrase
I like that kind of pollution

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
QUOTE(walleyeslayermike @ Jul 15 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good job Tom, I haven't been out for Walleye in a month now!!!!! I have a few of my buddies that have been killing the fish in front of holiday beach!!!

Nice work Islander!!! I love the BIG DOG Perch again!!!! Gotta admire his lil ego rollin' with the big boys! lol

Walleyeslayermike
How deep Mike? Are you familiar with that area? I have been wondering if anyone knows or thinks that Walleye in that area would move up close to shore to feed in the 5-6 fow range, or do they move in on the 10-20 fow range during the summer, at night? My uncle lives on the beach juuuust before it turns into a conservation beach leading up to Holiday Beach..it starts sloping deep right away and I can definitely cast out to 5-6 fow..I'm sure it's good for the Fall........but summer? Any thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
QUOTE(islander @ Jul 14 2009, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Had a great finish to my 2009 erie season. Went out 6 times this year and each trip was very successful and no bad weather. Last time I saw fishing like this was 2006 but it's even better this year because of the plentiful 2003 year class 22-24 inch fish along with the surprisingly huge 2006 class.

Last 3 trips have been BB's and harnesses in 26-28fow 1.3-1.5mph right on the Mi/Ohio line straight out from Stoney.

Today went out by myself and went 10 for 13 on the walleye in 2 hours. 7 keepers, 3 shorts, 3 lost. 2 perch, no trash fish

Hot colors for me have been gold holo with gold holo beads, chartruese blade and beads, blueberry muffin blade w chartruese beads. Gulps worked just as well as crawlers. I would periodically dip them in the alive jar to recharge.

Get out there if you can. Boat is headed to the west side this week for the next 2 months for salmon

View attachment 63911

Nice job and report. Thanks, and good luck on the Salmon.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Very nice mess of fish Tom and great report. Do you launch out of Bolles Harbor?

Jim

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(Old Man of the Sea @ Jul 15 2009, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very nice mess of fish Tom and great report. Do you launch out of Bolles Harbor?

Jim

I launch out of Bolles for the blade bait/hair jig bite in April. After that I launch out of Sterling either fishing in the bay or heading over to West sister. Both are excellent launches.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts