Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Some thing to think about.
Bass Tournaments
Pro/Am Team

Erie Anglers is bringing to the tournament anglers one of the most exciting tournament trails to the area.
ErieAnglers is on a quest to build the largest and most prestigious Pro/Am Team bass tournament on the Great Lakes. We are dedicated to seeing that the Anglers receive a professionally ran, fair and affordable tournament circuit.
Mark Your Calendars
Erie Metro Park
June 19 - July 17 - Aug 28 - Sept 4 - Oct - TBA
This is a PRO/AM team tournament
Pro/Am will fish as one team, 5 fish combined for one weight.

There will be a pre tournament meeting for paring and blast off numbers the night before the tournament.
Register at www.erieanglers.com
Or call 734-552-1701
$85.00 per Person
PAY OUT OF 54 BOATS
1ST PLACE
$2,490
2nd PLACE
$1,673
3rd PLACE
$929.00
4th place
$485.00
5th PLACE
$446.00
6th PLACE
$408, 00
7th PLACE
$ 371.00
8th PLACE
$ 334.00
9th PLACE
$297.00
BIG BASS
$918.00

·
Registered
129 Posts
Basslayer...Will anglers be required to have in their possession a Michigan, Ohio, Canadian, and Wal Poole fishing license to fish your circuit? If I entered as a boater, I would not want to draw someone who did not have a valid license for the area I may want to fish.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Question. Yes this will be on the application if you are going to fish as a team
the co angler must have all the license, you never know where you will end up.
Fishing in waters with out the proper license is a violation to the fishing regulations and also Erie Anglers.
If this should happen we will try to trade co anglers with some one else that might have that license, or the co angler will be refunded his money back and that boater will be able to fish by himself but will receive one half of the winnings with only one paid entry. With the option to pay the whole entry fee for the boat. We want to do every thing we can to make a tournament that every one has a chance to fish. All rules will be coming out at a later date. If there any thing that I can do feel free to
Mike

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Sounds great. I'll see where everything fits in and let you know. I hope it is a success for you, whether I can do it our not. Anyone that doesn't know Mike, I've had the chance to fish against him the GNT's. Mike's a stand up guy and I'm sure he will run a great trail.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Alex
Will try to do our best to make this happen. Gander Mountain
Has a interest in Erie Anglers there is a good chance there will be Walleye tournaments also. There is so much to get done I had no idea.
Happy Holidays
Mike
><)))'>

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sounds very interesting. I like fishing with different people, it's fun and you can learn a lot (and I don't mean spots!). I run a new boat but it's only an 18 footer so I would probably come as a non-boater. My only concern is getting paired up with some guy with a small boat. Should I be concerned or would you say most boats are sea er...... Erie worthy?

One additional question. Will payout be in cash or check? If it's check, will there be a separate check for each team member since they probably don't know each other?

Also, one suggestion. You should have a set fee for riders. I have seen it happen many times where a guy (non-boater) goes for an all day ride on St. Clair or Erie and then stiffs the boater or gives 10 bucks (Gee Thanks!). Personally, I give at least 40 or 50 bucks when I go as a non-boater. I also bring an awesome lunch and put the boater in big bass. It cost's a lot of money to maintain a new boat and fill up the tank! Non-boaters should pay their share! If you let non-boaters know this before they come to the tourney there is no excuse for not having the cash.

Just my two cents.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
workinman is riding with me!!!

i had a guy give me $2.00 last year after a tournament on lake st clair. I couldnt believe it, so i gave him $1.00 back, i figured he needed it more than i did.

this trail sounds like fun, i will look into it. i know a few others who will definatly be interested, i will pass the word along.

madman himself

ps: anyone else have cabin fever already?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good One Madman
I never was a rider before when I fished tournaments always a boater. And had similar experiences but very few, most were a pleasure to be with. But with the way Erie Anglers tournaments will be run The Boater just might pay the co-angler for coming along for his fish will count along with yours as one weight. Have you ever sat all day and just catch Dinks, and watched your partner catch all the fish. I have./Pro/Am will work as a team for one goal.
Mike.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Workingman
It is interesting you meet new partners and how they fish its learning experience for all, some good some bad. It goes both ways. There are fish in the river, and less than a mile off shore on Erie holds good catches of Smallmouth with a off shore wind you can run just about anywhere. One good thing is the Big Bass pot that big Bass can be caught anywhere not just where the big boys go. Most of the co-anglers know what is happing they take a responsibility of having the proper license and have there own tackle and lifejacket and lunch. THIS IS NOT AN ALL DAY CHARTER for $85.00. If there was a mandatory charge for riders to share expense it might get legal. A donation from the co-angler would be perfectly all right. And yes we will be paying in checks split down the middle one for each angler.
Thanks
Hope too see ya.
Mike

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've never fished Erie before, but it sounds like fun.

You mean there is no way that someone who goes as a rider could poossily know anything or anywhere about fishing? That's the way it sounds here at times. Maybe it's just my way of readind it.

Madman. I'd of given you a full $3.00. But then I probably would have to get, stop at mcdonalds, take you on a long drive, and then woorry that you got home alright. Again, maybe that's just me.

C-ya
Bish

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bish
You never know it's the draw of the cards BUT it is highly unlikely every co-angler I have fished with new what was going on and them some. I think that Madman is the way to go and you even get change back.
Mike

·
Registered
927 Posts
bish,

good one. heck, if it wasnt for you it would have been a long walk back downriver.

you fishing aba with us next year?

madman himself

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(Bish @ Dec 29 2003, 08:15 PM)I've never fished Erie before, but it sounds like fun.

You mean there is no way that someone who goes as a rider could poossily know anything or anywhere about fishing? That's the way it sounds here at times. Maybe it's just my way of readind it.

Madman. I'd of given you a full $3.00. But then I probably would have to get, stop at mcdonalds, take you on a long drive, and then woorry that you got home alright. Again, maybe that's just me.

C-ya
Bish
That was never said...
lol. But you have to admit, without a boat it becomes harder to gain the knowledge to "stay on top of them".
I know personally, even though I had access to boat(s).

There are some pretty good fisherman that go the "AM" route....nothing wrong with it. It gives more people the chance to compete and that is a good thing.

Mini

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's Official!! Gander Mountain and Erie Anglers has become a team in providing tournament fisherman one of the most lucrative trails to the area. Erie Anglers and Gander Mountain will host WALLEYE and BASS tournaments. The Walleye dates will be announced at a later date. More information will follow as soon as available.
Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts