Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have most of the tournament stuff in to get the ball rolling now, does any one have any problems with
Equalizer Scales I here there pretty reliable scales or is there something else that most anglers prefer. Erie Anglers has picked some new sponsors I think you will like who they will be the final flyer will be out soon The Payout will be the only change 85%, then on top of that donations from the sponsors, you all should be happy with the payout the last big thing is a Pontoon boat for fish release any one have one laying around?
Any questions feel free to ask.
Erie Angler Pro/Am
Mike

·
Registered
243 Posts
Bassslayer

We just purchased a scale from Equalizer. We put it through some tests to see how accurate it is and it's right on. So far so good.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Stevie 1
That is probley the way to go also warranty sounds good, I could not imagine losing a scale during a weighing.
Mike

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I will have a back up scale I would feel terrible if the scale we were using broke half way through the weighing. So I will pick up an extra one to save the embarrassment. Sorry I was in Tennessee just got back.
Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mike,

Have you had much interest in your tournaments? Any prediction on turn-outs? How about sponsors, were you able to get any additional support?

I am thinking about signing up this week. How do I do that?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mako
I have had some pretty good response, much more than I expected. Quite a few that fished the BFL have been looking towards Erie Anglers, also some calls came in from Ohio I guess it's the pay out. And the idea of a Pro /Am that pays well for the field of boats, and half the entry fee, than that of some of the other large tournaments. You never know what will happen till the pre tournament meeting at Gander Mountain. Sponsors are Gander Mountain,
West Marine, Big Bear Lodge, Poor Boy' Baits, Propeller Technologies In.
Mach FX, Technical Outfitters, South Street Tackle, Please Release Me. If you fish Three of the Five events that will make you Qualified to fish the Championship. There will be trophies for the first three places and a big fish trophy, gifts, and discount coupons. I think Erie Anglers will grow to be quite a successful tournament.
Mike
Erie Anglers

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
I have been using equalizer scales for about 10 years and in that time I have had only one problem. I called Manny @ 1-800-458-8709 and he sent me a back-up scale out immediately while mine was being repaired.

American Bass Anglers is the largest tournament trail in the world with over 720 Tournaments nation wide. All our tournaments use the equalizer scales. That should give you an indication of what we think about them.

I highly recommend you call Manny @ equalizer scales.

If you're a 5 fish weigh-in I suggest the MS-30 but if you're a 7 or 10 fish weigh-in I recommend the MS-40.

Purchase a carrying case for the scale and make sure you put them away dry and the scale should last you a long time.

Hope this helps.....

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FLR
Sounds good to me, I called and will be picking up some by the end of March thanks for all the help.
Mike
ErieAnglers.com

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well its finally here Erie Anglers has picked up a release boat for the tournaments, 18' Pontoon boat that will have aerated tank with water circulation fish will be driven to deeper cooler water for there release. We will do all that can be done to help save the fishing recourses that we have now.
Tournament Director
Captain Mike

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I want thank all of you guys on what kind of scales to purchase, I ordered the Equalizer a pair will be here on Thursday can't wait. Picked up the tanks last week set them up with aerators, almost ready just need some weight bags any offers. Will be ready for the Walleye tournament on May 15th
Thanks for the help.
Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts