Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yep..I have a few bags and have used them for both smallies and largies. I've had some good success with them. Sometimes, changing from a tube to a bait like an Erie Darter can really get the fishes attention. I really think fish can become conditioned to seeing a particular bait (especially when you are fishing one area pretty hard) and a change to a bait with a different action and profile can, at times, be the ticket for getting these fish to bite.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to try them this year. I heard that South Street Tackle in Belleview is the only one local carries any in stock. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
927 Posts
darters rule. they work great with a jighead. they are sweet to pitch into cover. they rock texas rigged and pulled across the bottom. but one of my favorite ways to fish it is to rig it like a soft jerkbait and twitch it around shallow grass. those grooves move a lot of water when you work them on there side. give it a try.

you might also want to call kd outdoors in waterford. i know they carry poor boys there, just not sure if they have any of the darters yet.

madman himself

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello All,
email me your needs I can fix you up . I will be at St Clair June 20 thru the 25th but I can mail them out if you need them before. I will have tons with me when I come up.
thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mike's RX Baits in Morenci, MI carries all the right Poor Boys stuff for Erie & St. Clair. His site is being updated, mikesrxbaits.com but call him at 1-800-856-5814, he'll hook you up. (no pun intended). I know for a fact the Wonderland tournament was won on custom color Erie Darter's from Mike's last year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts