Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to spend a wonderful few days in Port Clinton on the island and it was quite an adventure. This was my fist time ice fishing for Walleye and I wasn't going to post a report because my bro is not welcome here anymore but this is my report and not his so what the hay.

Ice report - The ice is fine all the way out to the shove ice. About 8 inches now after those 2 "warmer" days. Was 10+ before the warm weather. The crack did open up yesterday about a quarter mile. Lots of water on the ice from deteriorating so needs to freeze back over.

Fishing report - The day we arrived (fri) we did quite well. I lost/missed many fish and ended up catching 2. Nothin big but good eating fish. My bro got 7 and missed/lost 7. Everybody caught fish and a fun day for sure. Then the sun came and screwed everything up. The second day I caught 0 fish and my bro caught 2. They were barely biting and not biting often. Our guide Mike Patterson said that it was the weekend 4 wheelers that turn the fish off. The next couple days were even worse especially when that rain storm came in. Today was the last day for us and I lost a hog half way up the hole on a yellow/green jig rap. What a bummer but I'll be back there for my revenge. The only big fish of the trip fell to the hands of my bro. Jerk........................lol still had a ball

here's the only photo worthy fish caught.........jerk again

Water Sky Vertebrate Fisherman Fin

Attachments

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
That's a fatty!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.