Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hate paying bills, between the house, my business, and amys business, seems like im writing checks every 5 minutes

when the home bills come i just throw them i a pile and tell myself i will get to them later

amy had her cell phone shut off today, i had to call and make a payment over the phone to get it turned back on

so i guess it's time to shuffle the bill pile, lots of past dues, just cause i havent looked at it for a couple months

just hate paying those bills

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i forget ever so often, too, but only had phone shut off once. blonde moment.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
QUOTE(Goose @ Dec 2 2003, 12:52 PM)i hate paying bills, between the house, my business, and amys business, seems like im writing checks every 5 minutes

when the home bills come i just throw them i a pile and tell myself i will get to them later

amy had her cell phone shut off today, i had to call and make a payment over the phone to get it turned back on

so i guess it's time to shuffle the bill pile, lots of past dues, just cause i havent looked at it for a couple months

just hate paying those bills
We use a bill paying service. Never have to worry about forgetting or late pmts. again.
http://paytrust.com/
We've been using it for 4 yrs. Never had a problem. Check it out. Saves alot of time & hassle.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I don`t know about lazy...But forgetful ..I am

Once went almost twoo months with out paying the cable bill until they shut it off...

I don`t like to pay them until the last minute though....

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(MrsSunbum @ Dec 2 2003, 01:00 PM)We use a bill paying service. Never have to worry about forgetting or late pmts. again.
We've been using it for 4 yrs. Never had a problem. Check it out. Saves alot of time & hassle.
I've not heard of THAT one before!

I use CHECKFREE myself. The bill comes as an email & I can pay it with 2 clicks!

·
Registered
9,469 Posts

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i thought of doing the auto pay from the checking account, but then i would probalby wait too long to deposit money, and then get the bouncy bounce checks

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
I have all my bills in a fancy shmancy homemade excel sheet. I open it every Monday, and pay the bills that are due that week. All are paid online.

I'm anal about paying on time, only because I HATE paying the late fee. Especially on credit cards! I count in 'tanks of gas', how much late fees cost.

The only reason that I ever procrastinate on paying bills, is because I think I can make a little more off the interest in my savings account. Now that I can count the interest in 'sticks of gum' -- I quit worrying about that!

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(Goose @ Dec 2 2003, 01:13 PM)i thought of doing the auto pay from the checking account, but then i would probalby wait too long to deposit money, and then get the bouncy bounce checks
My service ALSO alerts you when there isn't enough $ to cover your bills.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Dec 2 2003, 01:15 PM)I'm anal about paying on time, only because I HATE paying the late fee.
I'd be even MORE concerned about what it does to my CREDIT SCORES!

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Dec 2 2003, 01:17 PM)QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Dec 2 2003, 01:15 PM) I'm anal about paying on time, only because I HATE paying the late fee.

What is the impact there? I don't think a few days makes a difference.

I've always paid off my balance, but have been late about a half dozen times. My credit report doesn't reflect any late payments though.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Dec 2 2003, 01:04 PM)QUOTE(MrsSunbum @ Dec 2 2003, 01:00 PM) We use a bill paying service. Never have to worry about forgetting or late pmts. again.
I've not heard of THAT one before!

I use CHECKFREE myself. The bill comes as an email & I can pay it with 2 clicks!
All our bills are sent to Pay trust in S.D. They pay them. We go to the website to see them. They are all scanned & posted there. You can do auto pay...give a limit , tell them to pay automatically up to a certain $$ amt.
We have our check deposited electronically, so we dont have to worry about getting to the bank. Leaves alot more play time.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Never had anything shut off...........

But, I'm swamped with home/personal, business bills and I'm treasurer for a non-profit that I belong to. I pay more bills, fill in more forms and have to pay my own taxes because we are self-employed.

And you all thought I was just sitting here posting

I pay anything I can online via the billers website. DTE, Consumers, charge cards, etc.....If they don't have a website I use billpay from PayPal and if they don't take that, I have to write a old fashion check. I've got it pretty much down to only writing checks for our business and the non-profit I belong to so I don't get too bad of writers cramp

It's not a matter of being lazy, but getting tired of scrambling your monies and getting them disbursed on time......What a pain in the arse.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
One other thing, I do not use automatic payment on anything....Sometimes it can be a bear to remove that service. I did it once with a life insurance company and it took me a year to get them to stop.....

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Dec 2 2003, 01:33 PM)QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Dec 2 2003, 01:17 PM) QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Dec 2 2003, 01:15 PM) I'm anal about paying on time, only because I HATE paying the late fee.

What is the impact there? I don't think a few days makes a difference.

I've always paid off my balance, but have been late about a half dozen times. My credit report doesn't reflect any late payments though.
When they get 30 days or more from the date THEY post the payment, it goes on your credit report as a late payment.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Dec 2 2003, 01:51 PM)When they get 30 days or more from the date THEY post the payment, it goes on your credit report as a late payment.
yep and dont let them get past 60 or 90 or 120 days either. those are the next cutoff points. I was out of work for 5 months a year and a half ago and had two 60 day lates on my mortgage and my perfect credit took a huge whup-upside-the-head and went from almost 800 (perfect scoring) to scores around 609, 589, 620 for the three different agencies that most banks use(ie. experian, trans, and whatchamacallit) . I was trying to refinance my house and couldn't get the good rates, only 8%-11% like I already had not the awesome 4-6% rates that everyone else was getting, had to wait a year before my scoring went up high enough that someone would give me a good rate. So the moral is... it pays to be an*l or a least organized.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
We have microsoft money.Haven't sent a check in over 2 years. I check money every morning when I check my e-mail. It lists every bill that is coming due in the upcoming 7 days and I pay it on-line or by phone. I can balance my account right with the bank too. Never use my ledger book. Back it up on floppy or on the server and never loose info. When someone calls and says hey you didn't pay or I owe a late fee I just pull it up and give the confirmation # and that usually clears it up. Only thing is you have to be anal about saving and entering the reciepts you have everyday. But it usually just takes about 15 minutes. Long enough for me to drink my coffee.
And another bonus is you can set your budget and it warns you that you are dangerously going over. also can do multiple accounts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts