Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like,
hi, you actually look good. Like normally you look like crap or something ?
<_<

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
yep since i started to lose weight. people tend to tell you when things are good. no one before ever told me, you look fatter since the last time i saw you...

·
Registered
243 Posts
QUOTE(Pandora @ Feb 23 2004, 05:00 PM)yep since i started to lose weight. people tend to tell you when things are good. no one before ever told me, you look fatter since the last time i saw you...

... happened to me once. My perfect sister in law actually said, oh have you gained more 'poundage' since Christmas?

... skinny bitch

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey Eddie, I say as far as what was said to you goes just to take it at face value and don't try to find the "hidden" meaning behind it. It wasn't said well, but they were just trying to tell you that you look nice. People are jerks sometimes, so just let it bounce off your back.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I think there are many times that we misunderstand others or come across the wrong way to others. if it's a big deal say something. Often the person saying it didn't know they have offended you or you misunderstood what what was said.
If it's something big, i dont think it's fair not to say something to that person. They would have no idea that there was an issue between the two of you.

my .02

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
If I called you ugly, would it make you feel better?

At least they notice an improvement rather than the opposite.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Was it me telling you that it was nice to see you in an updated wardrobe at rob's???

compliments are a good thing... I always tell people if I notice a hair cut or some fewer pounds... I think most people like it..

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Feb 23 2004, 06:33 PM)compliments are a good thing... I always tell people if I notice a hair cut or some fewer pounds... I think most people like it..
Or they can take it as you thought they were fatter before. Its a fine line to tread on.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
But you aren't SAYING "you were fat before" that's like saying if you compliment somebody's hair cut that it was a bad hair cut before...

it's the DIFFERENCE you are commenting on...

dont' you think one of the reasons people lose weight is so that it will be noticed??

Or the reason you try out a new style of clothes is bc it's an improvement...

WATCHOUT... then, around me, cause I'll tell it like it is...
but only to people I like...

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
my family said, "at least she's legal." as if my previous 27 year old girlfriend and my previous 26 year old girlfriend and previous 32 year old girlfriend weren't

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Feb 23 2004, 06:46 PM)my family said, "at least she's legal." as if my previous 27 year old girlfriend and my previous 26 year old girlfriend and previous 32 year old girlfriend weren't
IF ONE OF MY FRIENDS OR BROTHERS SHOWED UP WITH SOME YOUNG HOTTIE ID BE LIKE COOL!! HOW DID YOU FIND HER?

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just wanted to stat some sh*t today

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Sounds like a sarcastic comment, plus, do you really care what that particular person said? I mean, It wasn't me saying it, so does it really matter?

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
QUOTE(traveler @ Feb 24 2004, 07:44 AM)It's like the time she told Eddie that "It just doesn't seem to have as much girth as I remember"!!!

Or "Eddie are you certain that it's in"??? While he's pounding a crease between the pillows in the couch!!

Or "Eddie are you going down on me or paintin a fence"?!?!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

too funny ! MS, TRAV,....

and paintin a fence, NOT,.. i would be a shower head with 10 different pulse settings.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
The last comment that I could think of was just the other day when someone told me that I looked good when I knew that I looked like poop.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts