Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am today. I have so much to do & circumstances are screwing up my original plans. Hopefully I will be in track by noon.

Anyway, lets make this a funy thread anyone have any good jokes/funny stories?

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Oh, I hate those days!!!!

Nothing funny to report; however good times on the horizon!! Parties, halloween, friends, cadavers....
hey, how is that class going anyhow?

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
QUOTE(Girlie @ Sep 11 2003, 09:48 AM)I am today. I have so much to do & circumstances are screwing up my original plans. Hopefully I will be in track by noon.

Anyway, lets make this a funy thread anyone have any good jokes/funny stories?
Which one, people better just stay out of throwing distance from me today. Limp Bizkit's "Break Something" is blaring through my mind today. "It's just one a those days when you don't wanna wake up. Everybody sucks, Everything is F-----ked."

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
No it won't!! Revel in the negativity!!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Well, I can laugh about this now but was totally grossed out at the time. We have animals that we care for in the program imp in at MCC. I had to clean the kennels this morning. There was (loose) poops everywhere!!! <_< The dogs cant help it but it's still nasty. Anyway when I went to rinse the scooper with the hose, the water RUSHED out and poop went everywhere!!!! Head to toe!!!!! I was covered. I had to finish my work before I could leave too.

I'm home now, had a quick shower and fresh clothes.

None of this, of course, compares to the heartache that this day is filled with for so many people

My prayers still go out to all of those who have lost a loved one

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(traveler @ Sep 11 2003, 09:55 AM)Limp Bizkit's "Break Something" is blaring through my mind today. "It's just one a those days when you don't wanna wake up. Everybody sucks, Everything is F-----ked."
Hmmm.... anger songs are cool. How about Linkin Park's "I'm About to Break"? (I think that is the name, or maybe it is just "Break"? Who Knows?)

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Sep 11 2003, 09:51 AM)Oh, I hate those days!!!!

Nothing funny to report; however good times on the horizon!! Parties, halloween, friends, cadavers....
dont forget BIRTHDAYS!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(pauligan @ Sep 11 2003, 09:51 AM)Parties, halloween, friends, cadavers....
Ick!!! Yesterday the Lab was kind of difficult for me. We got 2 more bodies (we were short) and they looked so real. The worst thing was that they were not packaged the same so I had to see the heads. I was not prepared for that. It wierded me out a little bit.

To make matters worse the teacher did a demo of a laminectomy -that is where you can view the spinal cord by taking off the spinous pocesses of the vertebrae (the things that stick out). Watching a saw in action on a cadaver was yet another thing I was not prepared for. I was SOOOO happy to leave yesterday!!!!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
QUOTE(Dookie @ Sep 11 2003, 11:06 AM)None of this, of course, compares to the heartache that this day is filled with for so many people

My prayers still go out to all of those who have lost a loved one
Amen to that.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
QUOTE(Girlie @ Sep 11 2003, 11:18 AM)and they looked so real.
lmao!!!!

I hope they look real!!

That head thing would weird me out too... somebody looked into that face for a whole lifetime and now it's just a slab on the table; I remember when I was studing to be an emt and was in the emergency room helping with that whole CPR thing and I was staring at the womans old watch thinking that she put that thing on that morning just like thousands of mornings prior and had no idea she'd be in ER dying later that day...

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
"I need a little room today, cuz I'm one step closer to the edge and I'm about to break"

Linkin Park!!

Think "puppies, clowns, cotten candy, shiny happy people"!! <_<

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(pauligan @ Sep 11 2003, 10:22 AM)I remember when I was studing to be an emt and was in the emergency room helping with that whole CPR thing and I was staring at the womans old watch thinking that she put that thing on that morning just like thousands of mornings prior and had no idea she'd be in ER dying later that day...

That is just it without seeing the face, I can look at them like specimens (it is easier). But with them exposed, you can not help but think about things like their family and what they were like.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(traveler @ Sep 11 2003, 10:23 AM)"I need a little room today, cuz I'm one step closer to the edge and I'm about to break"

Linkin Park!!

Think "puppies, clowns, cotten candy, shiny happy people"!!

You KNOW IT!!!!!!

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
I've had soooo many of those days.
Last week was probably the worse I've had in awhile... hell it was on my birthday of all days.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Girlie I promise it gets easier as you go on. The face is by far the WORST part for all the reasons you just said. Head and neck was the first thing we did and I about dropped the class I didn't think I could take it. But just think about how hard you worked to get where you are and how quick it will all be over!!!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everybody, You guys ROCK!!!!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Okay, You wanna hear something funny?
My Dad and I went to the airport last night about 11:00 to pick up my mother and 90 year old grandma.
Grandma has had several bad strokes.
We were wheeling her into the house last night. I was carrying her luggage and stuff. She looks over and sees me carrying her what I thought to be a walker or something. She started laughing and said "Jason, You're carrying my crapper."
and proceded to laugh and laugh That caused the rest of us to laugh pretty hard.

I just thought that was pretty funny.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.