Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read where the Day 1 leader, on the pro side, was fishing a crankbait on a ledge in 12 foot of water. That is not a technique I have heard many others using on Erie.

Anyone else used this technique much on Erie or St. Clair?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
No - it doesn't work (what a blabber-mouth he was). Just use tubes all the time.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I fished with John "Randy" Sparkman on day two. He never picked up a crank-bait all day. All I can tell ya is this guy can fish. He is a very intense but equally as fun to fish with.

How many guys do you know would catch 18lbs on day one on Erie, then run to St. Clair on day two? Randy has alot of guts for pulling that off to place him in the top 20. I wish him the best of luck throughout the remainder of the tournament.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Good job this week Basstrap896. Joe D ended up cashing a check for himself on the co-angler side. He even put his 1st day pro on some fish to get him a check as well. Joe D showed me a little spot on Erie during Tuesday's practice and was pretty insistant that I fish it. Only a true friend and partner would extend that kind of offer. You don't know how much I appreciate it. But his 1st day pro was not on fish and I had fish up in Clair. In my mind they were his fish and his spot. So big bad Joe and his partner stroked enough to put them in the running for day 2. Good job. But you could have mis-netted a few for me
. I fished well this week but not enough to cash a check (2oz out). Practice days were awesome and all in all it was a great 6 days on the water. I just struggled to get the big fish I located to bite on Tue & Wed. I did manage to whack a couple of nice sows on Clair though. All 3 of these were over 4lbs. Good luck to all of the Michigan boys in today's semi's and tomorrow's finals. See you in Sandusky.

Day 1

Day2

·
Registered
795 Posts
Thanks Alex,
You are a great friend.
You keep working hard and we'll be posting about YOU cashing and winning a big tournament event. Good job Alex, Sandusky could be it buddy....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts