Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, what do all three of these have in common ?? I've been reading the latest articles on Everstart and wonder what have Zona and some of the others used for 10 lb. Flourocarbon ?? On spinning or baitcasting gear ??

I know Zona reads this board, hopefully he'll see this. Congrats on your great run this year in Everstart !! I've fished against you a few years back in NBAA Challenge and look forward to your advice.

Anybody else fish Flouro line on spinning gear ? I plan on fishing the co-angler circuit of BFL next year and want to figure out the best flouro line for spinning gear. I talked with Greg Magnus and he mentioned Seaguar on spinning gear. I also heard Bass Pro XPS is made by Seaguar ?? Anybody know about this possible association between the two ??

Thanks for the help and any tips,

CKev

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've been using the Seaguar in 10 lb. on spinning with good results. As far as XPS being made by Seaguar, that I do not know. I do know that Seaguar made Cabelas fluorocarbon, but I'm not sure if they still do. The new P-Line 100% Fluorocarbon is good stuff too. Don't confuse this with the P-Line Fluoroclear which is only FC coated.

·
Registered
927 Posts
i took the advice of mini on the whole flourocarbon on spinning gear and went with a reel with a bigger spoon.

i am using a shimano stradic 4000 with 14lb xps fc line and i have not had a problem yet.

the problem with fc is that it wants to stay straight, so if you spool it on a smaller diameter spool it wont stay in the curled position once you cast and relieve tension and will keep coming off.

the bigger diameter spool wont curl the line as bad and allows it to be more relaxed.

madman himself

·
Registered
33 Posts
Kev, I used 10lb bass pro xps fluoro on a 7.6 loomis spinning. for my smallies and 17lb xps with falcon 7 ft. baitcaster for my largemouth. This is the same set-up i used at the Vermillion Everstart. I try not to spool my spinning reels all the way, I leave at least a 1/2 inch of space on the spool, in order to help me control the line. hope this helps. GOOD LUCK M.Z.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot for the information !!!

Madman - I also fish Stradic 4000's so that should help...

MarkZ - I really appreciate the advice, I knew you were lurking around on the net somewhere. Good luck on your remaining two tourneys and the championship...

Thanks again,

CKev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts