Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, you're hungry, nothing in the fridge or too lazy to make anything, where do you go thats has decent food and cheap. Not talking fast food, a sitdown place that you can also get a beer or 6.

We've typically have been going to Gilbert's cause they always have $6 off coupons, its close, cheap beer, and decent good food, but we are getting a little sick of it.

Any other good places?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Sometimes the Dublin Pub when I'm in a rush and starvin' or Sahara when I'm hankerin' for their awesome salad or some other Mid Eastern food.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Great burgers at a bar called "The 3 Nicks" in the Dearborn area. Burger and Fries costs only $2.00. Waitresses all in Bikini's. Dive bar next to the Devil's Disciples clubhouse but I've never had a problem.

Also on Gratiot in Detroit past 8 mile. Bar called "The Lucky II" Cheap drinks and used to be able to get a Filet that tasted as good as Lelli's for $6. Food was outstanding and no one really knew anything about the place.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
QUOTE(tsunamihart @ Nov 5 2003, 03:59 PM)Sometimes the Dublin Pub when I'm in a rush and starvin' or Sahara when I'm hankerin' for their awesome salad or some other Mid Eastern food.
I`m at the Sahara once a week.Been going there for over 20 years probally rubbed elbows with you and didn`t even know it. love there food.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The Cloverleaf has pretty good food and is reasonably priced.

Since the Dublin Pub was mentioned. Our own Donna Bella's uncle is part owner!

·
Registered
487 Posts
QUOTE(traveler @ Nov 5 2003, 04:07 PM)Great burgers at a bar called "The 3 Nicks" in the Dearborn area. Burger and Fries costs only $2.00. Waitresses all in Bikini's. Dive bar next to the Devil's Disciples clubhouse but I've never had a problem.
Hey I spent a week there one afternoon, hey I was forced to, it was awful (nice)
as long as were talking downtown Daytrois, don't forget Eastern Markets Joey's Meatcutters, a working mans bar with high rollers standin' side by side with us poh folk, and the burgers and service are great, you just gotta change your clothes when you walk out because of the cigarette smoke.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
We go to Poncho & Cisco's on Jefferson about 3 or 4 times a month. Great food, inexpensive, good booze. Love that place. Been going for over 6 years now.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Shores Inn! Great drinks - good food- and always has coupons!!

Wetbar and I also like Champs on Mack in Grosse Pointe Woods. Good food for decent prices. Also like Mack Avenue Diner ( you guessed it - on Mack, just up the street).

All close to home!

And Wetbar suggests......White Castle.......on Gratiot - ugh.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i agree with wild woodys... you'd be surprised how good their food is. carlos, the guy that started carlos pizzas, is the chef . yum!

also,you can get the coupons for great baraboo which is delish! orleans in mt clemens is good, too, and has the coupons.

mmmm, shores inn!

·
Registered
397 Posts
The Little Ceasar Hot and Ready.....Large Pepperoni Pizza, Ready IMMEDIATELY for $5.

Split that 3 or 4 ways at lunch and it doesn't get any cheaper.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I am suprised no one mentioned eating at the " Y "....

Always my favorite place to eat......YUM!!!!!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
QUOTE(RED HOT ONE @ Nov 5 2003, 09:46 PM)I am suprised no one mentioned eating at the " Y "....

Always my favorite place to eat......YUM!!!!!

Goose said inexpensive and serves beers!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
louies pizza in hazel tucky....or teds in clawson..

·
Registered
380 Posts
I work at a coney island in Downtown Rochester called Lipuma's.... the food is seriously better then Laffeyette (sp?) in Detroit. And I'm not just saying that cause I work there.. it really is. You can get a good sized meal for about $6

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Nov 5 2003, 02:35 PM)Wild Woody's
Excellent food, really inexpensive too.
I go there just for their seasoned fries... they are the BEST!!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
I used to go to Lipumas all the time about 7 years ago when I worked and lived in Rochester. great coneys only been there a few times in the last year or so. Now I go to Kens coney in Oxford for cheap eats. If I want a beer And burger The Oxford Tap is good.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(Evil Shot Girl @ Nov 5 2003, 03:39 PM)Shores Inn! Great drinks - good food- and always has coupons!!

Wetbar and I also like Champs on Mack in Grosse Pointe Woods. Good food for decent prices. Also like Mack Avenue Diner ( you guessed it - on Mack, just up the street).

All close to home!

And Wetbar suggests......White Castle.......on Gratiot - ugh.

Shores Inn has great spaghetti - yum!

I'll have to try Wild Woody's food...

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Wild Woody's has very good food, we go there once in a while, we were very surprised at first.

Also, in the food court at Somerset, next to the greek place, I think it's called the petite bistro, they have a great deal, you get like bistro chicken over rice with veggies and a side salad of your choice for like $5.00

We love Poncho & Ciscos too, but I don't know if I would call it cheap. Reasonable is a better word.

Pier 3 has $2.00 burgers on Monday nights.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts