Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information on the expected lake levels.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply looks low darn. Maybe i'll get some waders.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Actually , we are not the much lower than the average (black line) for this time of year, so dont go spending your money just yet on them thar wadders.
It'll be interesting to see where we are come the end of Feb. when we should be on the uprise portion of it. Perhaps then we can start panicing or breathing easy.

Jim

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
QUOTE(motorcitymuskie @ Feb 7 2003, 12:00 PM)there is a link on the rocketmans page for water levels on lake st.clair check it out here. http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/data/now/wlevels/stc_lvl.gif
hope this helps
jason
On this particular chart, does any one know what years are shown for the record high and low figures? Might be helpful in see where inthe cycle we fall.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
The superior watershed has alot to do with the water levels of StClair. The snowpack is important also. Go to www.cabincam.net/NetCam.html for a current snow depth guage in Paradise, Mi in the UP. Looks like about 3 1/2 feet so far. Good question H2O.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
It is about time for the lake to come back up. It has been down for enough years now. The lowest I ever remember was in 1932 through1935. It was lower than now by far. Bob

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just heard a report by the corp of engineer's the levels will be as much as 8 inches lower than last year.That may put some ramps out of business.Mitchels bay & st lukes will be impassable.Three years ago I used to get all kinds of largemouths in tight to the shorline now you can't get within 200 yards,it's mud.I know the marshes at Longpoint don't exist anymore.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks dave that's what i wanted to know the corp. of engineer's. Looks like i'll be getting those waders pyrate jim.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
The reports I have read state it MAY be lower. Right now they are trying to get funding for Outflow Research of the only majors dams (Superior and Niagra) on the system to help control the levels. This will help the water levels tremendously if we can get Niagra to hold on to more and Superior to release more.

There is alot of information out on the net, or at a minimum sign up for the monthly newsletter from the Army Corps of Engineers when you are at the Cobo Boatshow. I did it a few years ago and I get a monthly report on the very subject.

BTW did you know that Erie was almost normal last year?

Mini

1 - 11 of 11 Posts