Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
while on vacation last week I broke my favorite old pair of eye glasses. I am wearing my new pair that I purchased last fall with my insurance and I really dislike them. Any suggestions to where I can go for a large selection of frames that are light weight with a larger lens size due to me wearing tri focals???
Thanks

I have been looking at this site.....

http://tryontech.framesdirect.com/tryon/tr...=p&x=Square

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Welllllll, I went to a few places when I needed "progressive lenses" (the less embarassing way to say trifocals? lol) and bought mine at Optimeyes by Lakeside... spent a bunch as I have no vision insurance but compared to the cheap stuff I saw at America's Best or whatever it's called they're worth it, and the people there are awesome. I've been back for several visits for adjustments and contacts/consultations - very friendly and professional. And there's a good warranty on the glasses.

That being said, I found out soon after that, that I know the guy who owns SVS in Mt. Clemens and that a new friend of mine has worked there many years and I may go there next time.

As far as selection - most places I went had more styles than I could believe!

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Man you must be old.

So are you near-sighted and far-sighted and can't see to read?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I have gone to a few places. The Optimeyes by me does not have a large selection, but they had good choices. I got my best deal at JCPenney, I took my prescription from Optimeyes and was able to get two pair at JCP for the price of one at Optimeyes. Got my daughters glasses at Pearle Vision, they had the biggest selection at the 12 Oaks Mall store. I think my daughter tried on every pair, but what should you expect of a teenage girl getting her first pair of glasses.

Take someone with you, never trust the sales staff at the store, they just want to write you up as quick as possible. Take someone who will be honest with you and tell ypou if they frames look good on you.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 09/09
205 Posts
We have just taken on this line of eyewear. I have been using their readers for a while now and they are excellent for my line of work, as well as for boaters. They not only have readers but have sun glasses, excellent goggles for personal watercraft (THAT FLOAT) and I believe you can also get lenses made with your prescription. We will have a display at the Detroit Boat Show.

Check out the you tube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL6Krcu8138...player_embedded

1 - 8 of 8 Posts