Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a short fishing trip in Harbor Beach once again and fished about half way down the wall on the outside. I had a small window to fish from 6-8 a.m. Water clarity was awesome and the lake was a sheet of glass, one of the nicest mornings ive fished in awhile. I started off by casting a #13 Clown Husky Jerk Rapala and landed this nice 21 inch eye within 15 min. of casting. Once the sun came up i switched to Cleos and a Ping A-T for some Steelies,Browns with no luck. i was kind of surprised i didnt even land any Lake Trout either, lately casting for Salmon,Browns and Steel we been landing some really huge Lakers. Anyway heres a few pics.....good fishing, Smitty

Attachments

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the replys guys i appreciate it!!!!

weapons of bass: have not heard anything this yr but that doesnt mean anything, i know last yr i first hand witnessed a guy comming up with a nice King but that was in late Aug......buddy of mine was in Port Sanilac yesterday and seen a few HUGE Salmon but he said they were looking nasty in shallow and close to the wall....starting to turn white.

hook: that wall is special, "worlds largest man made harbor" i love casting even with the water rather than 10 feet up like other walls in the thumb

barnz: thanks man, looking to get a few more before the seasons over

ficious: LOL, he loves fish...cant wait till he can be my fishing buddy all the time

LMP: thanks, love getting a fish in a short time, makes the trip worth it, even if its only one

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Nov 9 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice job again, C.Smitty. Great pictures! I like the one of your son. It's good to know that I'm not the only one tripping on Thomas the train cars all day lol.

thanks Tek, Thomas all day every day, oh the joy

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
QUOTE(C.Smitty @ Nov 9 2009, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Nov 9 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice job again, C.Smitty. Great pictures! I like the one of your son. It's good to know that I'm not the only one tripping on Thomas the train cars all day lol.

it sure beats BARNEY when mine was a kid she is almost 21 now. W.T.F. im getting old

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Nov 9 2009, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(C.Smitty @ Nov 9 2009, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Nov 9 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice job again, C.Smitty. Great pictures! I like the one of your son. It's good to know that I'm not the only one tripping on Thomas the train cars all day lol.

it sure beats BARNEY when mine was a kid she is almost 21 now. W.T.F. im getting old

i feal sorry for ya hook, i can deal with thomas, but Barney OMG i dont know how you handled that mess

·
Registered
16 Posts
I fished that harbor on opening day one year that it was abut 70 degrees outside. Foggy as hell that night! I had a linit of huge waleyes in a few short hours. All caught on watermelon bomber. First cast out was a 6 pounder. Seamed like every other cast after that was a fish on! Lures all dissapeared after casting 10 ft infrount of you. No net that night. What a ball! I also saw I guy catch a 13 pounder off that wall to. I thought it was a salmon till my lanturn lit it up and the eye glowed in the dark. I saw him the next day and asked him if he was going to have it mounted. He said his family ate it. Maybe now that the salmon are all gone the walleye's will come back?

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
QUOTE(C.Smitty @ Nov 9 2009, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(DR.hook @ Nov 9 2009, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(C.Smitty @ Nov 9 2009, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Nov 9 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice job again, C.Smitty. Great pictures! I like the one of your son. It's good to know that I'm not the only one tripping on Thomas the train cars all day lol.

i feal sorry for ya hook, i can deal with thomas, but Barney OMG i dont know how you handled that mess

labbats lots of labbats

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
QUOTE(dstack @ Nov 9 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I fished that harbor on opening day one year that it was abut 70 degrees outside. Foggy as hell that night! I had a linit of huge waleyes in a few short hours. All caught on watermelon bomber. First cast out was a 6 pounder. Seamed like every other cast after that was a fish on! Lures all dissapeared after casting 10 ft infrount of you. No net that night. What a ball! I also saw I guy catch a 13 pounder off that wall to. I thought it was a salmon till my lanturn lit it up and the eye glowed in the dark. I saw him the next day and asked him if he was going to have it mounted. He said his family ate it. Maybe now that the salmon are all gone the walleye's will come back?

the biggest walleye iv ever seen was caught of the wall in harbor beach right at the end of it on a bomber it was on a memorial weekend

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
chef: thanks man

dstack: i would love to see a 13 lber. most of the walleye ive caught have come within 10 feet.....they like to ambush the minnows amoung the rocks. a local that ive talked to said hes fished there for 20+ yrs says Oct-Nov is the best time to get more of them.

hook: i hear ya man, but i would go with a bud-light.....some of the bigger walleyes ive caught have come from the end of the wall, right now its stacked with Lake Trout

1 - 20 of 22 Posts