Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Good luck. There were enough boats in that area of the weekend, must be doing well.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Got a few out there today. Not the numbers that were reported over the weekend. Fog was heavy earlier today. Kept me at the dock. Hope you have good luck. I did better with worms than lures when I finally decided to head out.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Icet,

I too managed to get out today and got a few. When I showed up around 11:00 am I was dumbfounded when I saw all the fog.
I talked to some of the guys in the sheriff's office and they were not going out due to the fog so I decided that wisdom was recognizing wisdom when hearing it so I sat around in the lot and worked on tackle that needed my attention until the fog finally broke about 1:00 pm.

The USWS forecast that I read last night called for light winds, no speed given, but I could swear that the wind was at least 15 to 20 mph steady. Not having a kicker motor I motored up wind with my outboard then trolled down wind with my electric trolling motor trying to maintain about 1.5 mph. It seemed to work okay but I seemed to waste a lot of time. All fish caught on hammered copper blades with red beads. Water temp was reading 55 to 60 degrees. I did manage to catch my first smally of the year today (man they are beautiful fish) and one heck of a fresh water drum.
It was a great day on the water as usual.

Jim

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I was fishing amongst a group of about 15 boats just off the beach at Metro.

Jim

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
skunked again, man I'm tired of this, I have yet to catch my first walleye this year, man I'm so bummed. I however did catch a ton of bass and perch so I guess it was'nt a complete washout.

·
Registered
262 Posts
If your catching perch, you are probably going a bit to slow for the walleye. OM of the Sea mentioned tryin to keep the speed at 1.5 and that can make all the difference. (of course you gotta like the gold w/ red beads too!) I usually try to go between 1.0 and 1.5 to see what works on that particular day and always start w/ at least one gold/red harness out. Keep at it, you will get them
Your doing alot right already catching all those bass and perch!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts