Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
A.K.A. Yo Eleven!
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was coming back to the marina the other night after a couple hours out fishing. I pushed the boat hard on the way back just to run it a bit, ya know? So I come off plane and the boat still seems to be carring speed towards the channel....I look down and my tach is still reading 2000 RPMs. I put it in neutral and rocked the throttles a bit but I couldnt get the rpms to drop. So I shut her down and limped her home on one. Today I figured I would work on her and see what theF....was going on. Well After four hours, a bottle of carb cleaner, and six Blues, I have come to the conclusion that I am stumped. I am looking for either some advice or the name of someone to check it out for me. Does Tango do this sort of thing?

I have a 1976 Marinette with twin Chrysler 318s. I tried everything I could figure, idle screws, linkage check, cleaned the bajesus out of it. Still, she is running well, just cant get the idle down?????

Signed,

Confused

·
Registered
81 Posts
first make sure throttle plates closing

2nd check for vaccum leaks.
if air is not coming thru carb then its
getting air from somewhere else.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(28SS @ Aug 16 2004, 10:50 AM)first make sure throttle plates closing

if air is not coming thru carb then its
getting air from somewhere else.

·
LSC Raft Moderator
1,472 Posts
Pull the flame arrester and when you put it neutral make sure the throttle plates are completely closed. If they are closed look for vacuum leaks. More than likely the earlier posts are correct. If that’s not it PM me and we can look at it.

·
A.K.A. Yo Eleven!
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it...thanks for the replys guys. I took the damn thing off completely and fliped it over and found a small shard of metal was keeping the back barrels from closing completely. You guys were right, thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts