Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up this morning to hit Cotton Rd. and got there around 6:30. Something just didn't feel right and I wound up driving to the raft. Didn't know they gave you a coupon for $1.50 off eats at the joint. Well, I had bluegill in my blood and started fishing the second canal. Immediately caught one hog then nothing. After two hours went out of the canal just in front of it and nailed the bluegill. Some hogs, some keeper size. Caught my limit plus five. Accidental. It was hard fishing. I could see them hogs and they wouldn't bite. I lured them in with a pimple spiked with a teardrop and worked them with my other pole. Caught some of them babies but it was work. Probably threw back 100. Saw muskie, pike and thankfully lost a largemouth at the hole. Those fish got the slabs spooked. I stayed out until 4:30. Had a good time. They're still on my porch but I'm gonna go to the store and get some pop and when I come back I'll take a photo of them in my sink! Oh yeah, the ice is thick. Saw a jeep wrangler driving on it today but don't be a fool. HAd to been a gazillion snowmobiles out there.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Nice job on the gills. I will take a plate full of fresh gills over everything else - except for a shorelunch of 15" Canadian walleyes that were swimming 15 minutes ago. Ah........

I digress.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(bluegiller @ Jan 10 2010, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Woke up this morning to hit Cotton Rd. and got there around 6:30. Something just didn't feel right and I wound up driving to the raft. Didn't know they gave you a coupon for $1.50 off eats at the joint. Well, I had bluegill in my blood and started fishing the second canal. Immediately caught one hog then nothing. After two hours went out of the canal just in front of it and nailed the bluegill. Some hogs, some keeper size. Caught my limit plus five. Accidental. It was hard fishing. I could see them hogs and they wouldn't bite. I lured them in with a pimple spiked with a teardrop and worked them with my other pole. Caught some of them babies but it was work. Probably threw back 100. Saw muskie, pike and thankfully lost a largemouth at the hole. Those fish got the slabs spooked. I stayed out until 4:30. Had a good time. They're still on my porch but I'm gonna go to the store and get some pop and when I come back I'll take a photo of them in my sink! Oh yeah, the ice is thick. Saw a jeep wrangler driving on it today but don't be a fool. HAd to been a gazillion snowmobiles out there.

Here's the photo.

Okay....I'm using my new camera from christmas and when I upload the phot it keeps saying the file is too large. What gives? It's a damn picture of fish in my sink! [email protected][email protected]%sdihh This can't possibly be bigger than 1000K!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(bluegiller @ Jan 10 2010, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bluegiller @ Jan 10 2010, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Woke up this morning to hit Cotton Rd. and got there around 6:30. Something just didn't feel right and I wound up driving to the raft. Didn't know they gave you a coupon for $1.50 off eats at the joint. Well, I had bluegill in my blood and started fishing the second canal. Immediately caught one hog then nothing. After two hours went out of the canal just in front of it and nailed the bluegill. Some hogs, some keeper size. Caught my limit plus five. Accidental. It was hard fishing. I could see them hogs and they wouldn't bite. I lured them in with a pimple spiked with a teardrop and worked them with my other pole. Caught some of them babies but it was work. Probably threw back 100. Saw muskie, pike and thankfully lost a largemouth at the hole. Those fish got the slabs spooked. I stayed out until 4:30. Had a good time. They're still on my porch but I'm gonna go to the store and get some pop and when I come back I'll take a photo of them in my sink! Oh yeah, the ice is thick. Saw a jeep wrangler driving on it today but don't be a fool. HAd to been a gazillion snowmobiles out there.

Here's the photo.

Okay....I'm using my new camera from christmas and when I upload the phot it keeps saying the file is too large. What gives? It's a damn picture of fish in my sink! [email protected][email protected]%sdihh This can't possibly be bigger than 1000K!!!

One more time Ok it says I got it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
How much do they charge for parking there?

·
Registered
383 Posts
no thanks on the rock bass. today on the spill way, i said "i just wanna catch a big one!" just then, my bobber sank like a fat perch would do. yup, rock bass. bummer. couple big silver bass too. i never got my slab perch. kept 30 between 2 guys 8-11"

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Nice report. And anyone driving a car out on the lake has got to have lost there wabbit a$$ mind. They better hope they don't go through like that sled did the other day.

·
Registered
134 Posts
QUOTE(bluegiller @ Jan 10 2010, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Woke up this morning to hit Cotton Rd. and got there around 6:30. Something just didn't feel right and I wound up driving to the raft. Didn't know they gave you a coupon for $1.50 off eats at the joint. Well, I had bluegill in my blood and started fishing the second canal. Immediately caught one hog then nothing. After two hours went out of the canal just in front of it and nailed the bluegill. Some hogs, some keeper size. Caught my limit plus five. Accidental. It was hard fishing. I could see them hogs and they wouldn't bite. I lured them in with a pimple spiked with a teardrop and worked them with my other pole. Caught some of them babies but it was work. Probably threw back 100. Saw muskie, pike and thankfully lost a largemouth at the hole. Those fish got the slabs spooked. I stayed out until 4:30. Had a good time. They're still on my porch but I'm gonna go to the store and get some pop and when I come back I'll take a photo of them in my sink! Oh yeah, the ice is thick. Saw a jeep wrangler driving on it today but don't be a fool. HAd to been a gazillion snowmobiles out there.
Must have been in bouvie bridge marina or were it comes out into the lake A. You can catch some nice ones around there and usually some crappie nice day today I new the fish would be out today awesome job bluegiller.A little hint the big gills like small minnows it works well for me when they wont bite on the smallest teardrop you have hook minn threw dorsal nice to be in shanty so u can watch what is going on down there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(lazylarry @ Jan 11 2010, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bluegiller @ Jan 10 2010, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Woke up this morning to hit Cotton Rd. and got there around 6:30. Something just didn't feel right and I wound up driving to the raft. Didn't know they gave you a coupon for $1.50 off eats at the joint. Well, I had bluegill in my blood and started fishing the second canal. Immediately caught one hog then nothing. After two hours went out of the canal just in front of it and nailed the bluegill. Some hogs, some keeper size. Caught my limit plus five. Accidental. It was hard fishing. I could see them hogs and they wouldn't bite. I lured them in with a pimple spiked with a teardrop and worked them with my other pole. Caught some of them babies but it was work. Probably threw back 100. Saw muskie, pike and thankfully lost a largemouth at the hole. Those fish got the slabs spooked. I stayed out until 4:30. Had a good time. They're still on my porch but I'm gonna go to the store and get some pop and when I come back I'll take a photo of them in my sink! Oh yeah, the ice is thick. Saw a jeep wrangler driving on it today but don't be a fool. HAd to been a gazillion snowmobiles out there.
Must have been in bouvie bridge marina or were it comes out into the lake A. You can catch some nice ones around there and usually some crappie nice day today I new the fish would be out today awesome job bluegiller.A little hint the big gills like small minnows it works well for me when they wont bite on the smallest teardrop you have hook minn threw dorsal nice to be in shanty so u can watch what is going on down there.

Thanks for the tip

1 - 16 of 16 Posts