Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the early bite was real good. everything shut off later in the day, and i got cold and hungry so i left. most of the crappies were caught on plain hooks/minners. some on spikes and teardrops. 4' of pretty clear water. anywhere from right under the ice to the bottom. the gills were pretty finnicky so i switched to a horizontal-hooked jig and didnt miss one after that. the two big crappies went about 12". Plant Terrestrial plant Natural material Food Fish

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Next time your out there check out numbers 25 and 52 right at the end of the dock. Nice fish. I will be getting with you soon to square up on that drink, for winning Ice Fisherman of the Year. You da man!

·
Registered
29 Posts
QUOTE(billdozer @ Mar 2 2010, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the early bite was real good. everything shut off later in the day, and i got cold and hungry so i left. most of the crappies were caught on plain hooks/minners. some on spikes and teardrops. 4' of pretty clear water. anywhere from right under the ice to the bottom. the gills were pretty finnicky so i switched to a horizontal-hooked jig and didnt miss one after that. the two big crappies went about 12". View attachment 72784

i did well also didn't get out till 530 at brandonburg but the bite was constant haven't taken any pics...........sry. Perch mainly on minnowa

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE(billdozer @ Mar 2 2010, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the early bite was real good. everything shut off later in the day, and i got cold and hungry so i left. most of the crappies were caught on plain hooks/minners. some on spikes and teardrops. 4' of pretty clear water. anywhere from right under the ice to the bottom. the gills were pretty finnicky so i switched to a horizontal-hooked jig and didnt miss one after that. the two big crappies went about 12". View attachment 72784

Good job on the Craps...cant wait to see more of them...the other dark meat..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts