Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my buddies are going to lake st. clair this saturdy morning.Fished fairhaven once. never fished cotton rd. If any one has any idea where we should go.Also where is the nearest bait shop around cotton rd. and maby thr ice conditions any info would be helpfull thank you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
QUOTE(jwright @ Feb 4 2010, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Me and my buddies are going to lake st. clair this saturdy morning.Fished fairhaven once. never fished cotton rd. If any one has any idea where we should go.Also where is the nearest bait shop around cotton rd. and maby thr ice conditions any info would be helpfull thank you.

Theres talk about Cotton rd and Selfridge being great. My brother went out today at sefridge and didnt have much luck finding the fish. Try Cotton. The ice is about a good 6 to 7 inches.

And there a bait shop called Selfridge Sport & Tackle right at he end of Hall rd (20 mile) on jeferson.

Or if you do go to cotton rd, I belevie the buscemi's also has bait. Thers a charge of 5$ when you park there.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(jwright @ Feb 4 2010, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Me and my buddies are going to lake st. clair this saturdy morning.Fished fairhaven once. never fished cotton rd. If any one has any idea where we should go.Also where is the nearest bait shop around cotton rd. and maby thr ice conditions any info would be helpfull thank you.

Nearest bait shop by cotton depends on which way you are coming from. Anglers point is just south of cotton and m&m is just north of cotton. Both are sponsors here and would appreciate your business. After all they are the reason this site is free for all of us to enjoy. Good Luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(jwright @ Feb 4 2010, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Me and my buddies are going to lake st. clair this saturdy morning.Fished fairhaven once. never fished cotton rd. If any one has any idea where we should go.Also where is the nearest bait shop around cotton rd. and maby thr ice conditions any info would be helpfull thank you.

thanks for the info.

·
Registered
9 Posts

hey man if u want to fish off cotton rd. theres a bait shop right off jefferson rite next to the base and ive seen the big ones down there they just got lock jaw thats when u get em with the spear. good luck this weekend

·
Registered
240 Posts
GO TO COTTON ROAD! We have never had a bad day of fishing out there, not quite sure why we ever went back to fairhaven... Personally my father and other fishing buddies have never had a day like the ones weve shared at cotton.

·
Registered
822 Posts
if you dont mind the walk park at cotton and head north almost a mile and about a quarter mile off shore and set up on the edge of a weed bed (i dont know how the ice clairity is but on sunday you could see through the ice and find the weeds ) if you dont have a steady run of fish coming to your hole move down the weed line about 20-40 yrds ive been out there with my buddy a few times and have come back with about 10 keepers over 9 inches each time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts