Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if they are charging a fee at the dnr access in fairhaven during the week days? and hows the ice and water clearity out there?

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
QUOTE(the curl @ Jan 11 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>just wondering if they are charging a fee at the dnr access in fairhaven during the week days? and hows the ice and water clearity out there?

You are suppose to have a DNR boat launch daily or annual pass on your windshield, however, there has been nobody there to sell them or check to see if anyone has one or not, so if the DNR is not present to do their job, it don't get done! (in other words, go ahead and park for free).

·
Registered
992 Posts
The dnr usually isnt there during the week. They usually dont start charging until the ice is thick enough to drive a car on. If they're not there to charge when you get there then your ok

·
Registered
15 Posts
I dont know about during the week but they were there charging this weekend. Ice was about 5-6" 200 yards out, 4-5 hits with my spud and I was threw. I was in about 6' of water, not crystal clear but you could see bottom well enough.

·
Registered
172 Posts
they were there at 7:10 am (monday) guess the state can put out more money than they are taking in, by staffing the box all week. i'm guessing that 85% of the guys parking there during the week have passes. once again, the state of MI receives an EPIC FAIL.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(Otis @ Jan 12 2010, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I dont know about during the week but they were there charging this weekend. Ice was about 5-6" 200 yards out, 4-5 hits with my spud and I was threw. I was in about 6' of water, not crystal clear but you could see bottom well enough.
Welcome to the site otis.
As I was told by a CO from the dnr last week. If the shack is unmanned during the hard water season on a weekday and you park it is fine, BUT if it is a weekend or it is a normally manned station don't expect to try and get there early to avoid the booth person cause they will come out and issue a ticket. But the ticket is only $6.00 so it isn't like it is going to kill you. I know crocker launch isn't going to be manned tuesday through thursday from here on out unless something changes and the state gets more money in the budget. Doesn't really matter to me I have a boat launch pass anyways.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(5minutejimmy @ Jan 12 2010, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You can get a ticket if you are on DNR property without a tag wheteher they were their or not. Depends on what kind of D-bag the officer is........speaking from experience
As far as officers being d-bags. Remember it is there job to enforce the laws. If they were there you would have had to pay $6.00, so what is the difference in paying a $6.00 ticket. I can't believe some of so called people on here. I mean come on people just cause someone writes you a ticket they are a d-bag, if you weren't doing anything wrong then they wouldn't have to write you a ticket. Most of the co's i know are just like most of us, Sportsmen and women, If I get a speeding ticket I don't call the cop a d-bag, I was in the wrong and it was his job to correct the wrong. My god man some people just don't have a clue.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I'm with bowtie,they are only doing their jobs. As far as paying or not paying,You better check closely, most state access sites have a drop box if it's unattended. I know crocker and ballard has one.

·
Registered
44 Posts
QUOTE(misterperch @ Jan 12 2010, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(the curl @ Jan 11 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>just wondering if they are charging a fee at the dnr access in fairhaven during the week days? and hows the ice and water clearity out there?
i know of a website where you can download any sticker you want and make it for forself.

Can i get a link?

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(Ballzout @ Jan 12 2010, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(misterperch @ Jan 12 2010, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(the curl @ Jan 11 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>just wondering if they are charging a fee at the dnr access in fairhaven during the week days? and hows the ice and water clearity out there?
i know of a website where you can download any sticker you want and make it for forself.

Can i get a link?

I think he is joking. Right? Cause boy if you get caught reproducing state stickers a ticket will be the slightest of your problems. They won't bother with a ticket it will get towed and a nice court case to follow.

·
Registered
44 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Jan 12 2010, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Ballzout @ Jan 12 2010, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(misterperch @ Jan 12 2010, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(the curl @ Jan 11 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>just wondering if they are charging a fee at the dnr access in fairhaven during the week days? and hows the ice and water clearity out there?

Can i get a link?

I think he is joking. Right? Cause boy if you get caught reproducing state stickers a ticket will be the slightest of your problems. They won't bother with a ticket it will get towed and a nice court case to follow.

I guess i should clarify. I am not looking to duplicate state stickers! I am just looking to make some of my own stickers.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(Ballzout @ Jan 12 2010, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Jan 12 2010, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Ballzout @ Jan 12 2010, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(misterperch @ Jan 12 2010, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(the curl @ Jan 11 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>just wondering if they are charging a fee at the dnr access in fairhaven during the week days? and hows the ice and water clearity out there?

Can i get a link?

I guess i should clarify. I am not looking to duplicate state stickers! I am just looking to make some of my own stickers.

Ahh OK I was wondering. I just would hate to see anyone make some stickers for the state ramps and then get into some trouble.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts