Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished this morning at the dnr access in fairhaven. got out there at about 8 and fished until about 11:30. i fished strait out from the launch way to the right and even way to the left and still couldnt find any jombos. fishin wasnt to bad i cought about 50 dinks. water was crystal clear and anywhere from about 4 to 5 feet deep. fish seemed really spookey when they came in. seen only a couple worth keeping but they didnt bite. the ice was about 3 inches and crystal clear. i could see the bottom of the lake everywhere i walked. there was about 15 to 20 guys scattered all over trying to find fish.

lake was froze as far as i could see. if the temps stay down we should have good ice soon!
hope this report helps

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(givemethe @ Jan 4 2010, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>do the fish spook because they can see movement through your hole? ive always wondered about that. where is the dnr place in relation to the raft? close by?

no i dont think it was because they could see movement in the hole i was compleatly still at times and they would still spook. and the dnr access is right next to blue water bait and tackle. if you were to be comming from palms road you would make a right at the light and you cant miss it.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
QUOTE(the curl @ Jan 4 2010, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fished this morning at the dnr access in fairhaven. got out there at about 8 and fished until about 11:30. i fished strait out from the launch way to the right and even way to the left and still couldnt find any jombos. fishin wasnt to bad i cought about 50 dinks. water was crystal clear and anywhere from about 4 to 5 feet deep. fish seemed really spookey when they came in. seen only a couple worth keeping but they didnt bite. the ice was about 3 inches and crystal clear. i could see the bottom of the lake everywhere i walked. there was about 15 to 20 guys scattered all over trying to find fish.

lake was froze as far as i could see. if the temps stay down we should have good ice soon!
hope this report helps

be careful out there! saturday coming home from algonac I could see ice for about 250 (+ -) yards out. and half of that was new from when I drove past on thursday. that was just east of the dnr launch in fairhaven

·
Registered
156 Posts
QUOTE(givemethe @ Jan 4 2010, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>do the fish spook because they can see movement through your hole? ive always wondered about that. where is the dnr place in relation to the raft? close by?

shadows fish are weary of shadows, they think were some bird coming down to scoop them

·
Registered
172 Posts
i stopped out tonight about 3:15 after work due south of the green metal roof. fished the busted up ice pack. ice was about 4-5" about 5FOW had fish in the hole the entire time, some big fish came through, but they were not that interested, couple looks and roll out. my cuz. was out all day and he picked up a dozen+ nice keepers. saw guys out from cotton this morning, so hopefully it's making ice out there and at the salt. good luck

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
QUOTE(givemethe @ Jan 4 2010, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>do the fish spook because they can see movement through your hole? ive always wondered about that. where is the dnr place in relation to the raft? close by?

Fish are spooked because of one word....."PIKE"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.