Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The American Bass Anglers - Southeast Michigan District is looking at holding an open on Lake St. Clair this up coming October 19th or October 24th.

We want to put together a last hurrah fish tournament for all of us just before we put our boats up for the season.

It will be a 5 fish limit draw trail format.

My goal is to see how much interest we can draw and start the word.

If your interested in attending as a boater or a non-boater please let me know.

I also would like to gather some insight as to which weekend you all think would be the best?

Let me know what you all think.

Does anyone know when Indian (walpole island) water closes?

·
Registered
357 Posts
FRL
Have you considered an open team tournament in lieu of a draw tournament? You may get a better turn out for a late fall outing. Some guys like to fish with their buddy, wife or kids. Also, some people might be reluctant to go out on a strangers boat in cold weather, on cold water and not knowing how the boat owner maintains their boat.

If you consider making this a team tournament where you can pick your partner - count me in.

Just an idea

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I honestly wish I could workingman. Unfortunately I am set by our national regulations. Thus it will have to be a draw trail format.

However we have very few non-boaters. About 80/20. Thus this becomes mostly a boater against boater format.

I am leaning heavily on Oct 19th as the date.

www.americanbassanglers.com

Thanks for the imput.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
If it's the 19th we'll probably fish. If it is the next weekend, I'll be out of town....

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds Great Alex,

Hope we see you there.

At this time I am leaning on the 19th as the date.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Walpole Island Non Resident License To Fish
Fishing Season - Jan. 1, 2003 to Sept. 15, 2003
Extended Season Sept. 16 - Dec. 31, 2003 - St. Clair River Only

1. From Sept. 16, 2003 to Dec. 31, 2003, Fishing to take place in St. Clair River Channel.
2. Fishermen must yield to waterfowl hunters.
3. Fishermen must stay 150 ft. from shore on Bassett Isalnd.

Taken from License, I've never seen a "Rules & Regs" guide.

Mark

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a question, I belonged to a bass club a couple of years ago(only for one year) it was a team format,what is the responsibility of a non-boater in a draw tourney?

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the Info Bass Cat.

Bronzback....

In the ABA the responsibility of Non-boater and Boaters is to show each other with respect, Be polite, couteous, net others fish if asked, and give each equal time on water of their choice. Always respect the equipment of others like it was your own (or better).

As a non-boater it is also custom to bring your own fishing equipment, and lifejacket. Most non-boaters slide the boater a $20.00 for the use of their boat. It's also polite to not give away fishing spots.

A complete list of tournament rules can be found at this link:

http://www.americanbassangler.com/rules.php

To learn more about the ABA go to:

http://www.americanbassangler.com/

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Due to the LSCN-Jacks tourney date change, we have decided to move our tourney date to Sept, 28th at the Seflridge Launch.... This was done in order to stop the conflict of 2-opens on the same date.

I will start a new thread and end this one in order to avoid confusion.

Se thread ABA-OPEN!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts