Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where the perch are in the fall? Is it a Minnow bite or do worms still work?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Minnows usually work the best in the fall. I tend to go on the canadian side off the basset, weather buoy or SE corner of the lake.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Both will work, try near the mouths of the channels in 7-12 feet of water. Use spreaders and drift until you find em, then anchor on them. If you dont get bit in 20 minutes move around. The baitfish migration into the channels should be in full swing right now and alot of the fish follow the bait. You can still do well in the lake, try near the St Clair Light and Anchor Bay.

Mini

·
Registered
262 Posts
My dad is big on the perch fishing too. I agree with John that anchor bay can be good, sometimes even right off the Selfridge launch that time of year, but I would say that I find bigger fish out in the lake in the Sept-Oct time.

·
Registered
187 Posts
In the fall (Sept.) I've always done real well for perch about a mile out from the Nine mile point. Spreaders with minows.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i agree with misterd. good spot there. minnows yes. spreaders yes. but sometimes they are finicky. sometimes you have to "mud em." sometimes cut off the blades from the spreader. when they are there, there;s lots of boats, & it helps to have binocs to see how others are doing (& with what). little things can make a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts