Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
??????????????

I'm in the midst of doing it with a couple girlfriends... and yesterday (the first day) was HORRID; I was evil and hating the world over it. But today is about 75% better...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I have never done it, and I don't think I could. How long are you doing it for? Can you eat or drink anything?

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
first question: WHY?

second question: at what point do you consider yourself successful, when you look like a prisoner of a concentration camp?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Cadmonkey @ May 4 2004, 02:48 PM)yep just open up the throttle some more.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
QUOTE(pirlgirl @ May 4 2004, 02:12 PM)I tried it and I fainted on the second day.
I'm no doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...
My guess is that you passed out because you didn't eat.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(Goose @ May 4 2004, 02:53 PM)first question: WHY?

second question: at what point do you consider yourself successful, when you look like a prisoner of a concentration camp?
How much thinner do you want to get? I really believe that you don't realize how thin you actually are.

Not that it has much to do with how thin you are but I don't think you realize how pretty you actually are either.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Hey P, maybe you should clarify what it is you guys are exactly doing.....yeah you guys are fasting but you are only doing it for a specified time and are taking supplements and liquids. I'm no expert but Colon cleansing and fasting might be different might not?
I really have to applaud you gals for doing it! Me, I could never pop down all those horse pills 3 times a day. Vitamins make me gag!
I hope you get out of it what you hope, remember it's really not a diet and make sure you eat light and regimented afterwards cause all you are losing really is water. But it's definitely healthy to clean all that out. Good luck, I feel for ya!!
xo

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks jewels!

I guess I was more interested in the concept that people had gone for days without eating... not really WHY they had decided not to...

btw thanks hazy!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I do two day fasts annually, but allow for juice, coffee, tea or water. I wish I would have known beforehand, I have a friend and she sells SuperGreens that clean out the toxins in your body. They are ground up and you add water and drink, drink, drink. you may have heard of her--Annie St. John. She lives in Harrison Twp.

You could also allow yourself to eat fresh fruit (apples, oranges, bananas); not gorge yourself, but one or two a day to sustain yourself when hunger pangs come.

·
12,052 Posts
Yeah, every year before my physical. Have to for blood work to be done. Only for a day though.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ May 4 2004, 06:17 PM)Yeah, every year before my physical. Have to for blood work to be done. Only for a day though.
Is that fasting from BEER, or food???

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(Focker @ May 4 2004, 06:39 PM)Is that fasting from BEER, or food???

Everything, except black coffee. YECK!!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ May 4 2004, 03:41 PM)QUOTE(Goose @ May 4 2004, 02:53 PM) first question: WHY?

How much thinner do you want to get? I really believe that you don't realize how thin you actually are.

Not that it has much to do with how thin you are but I don't think you realize how pretty you actually are either.
Yeah, what's up wit dat?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(jewels @ May 4 2004, 04:33 PM)Hey P, maybe you should clarify what it is you guys are exactly doing.....yeah you guys are fasting but you are only doing it for a specified time and are taking supplements and liquids. I'm no expert but Colon cleansing and fasting might be different might not?
I really have to applaud you gals for doing it! Me, I could never pop down all those horse pills 3 times a day. Vitamins make me gag!
I hope you get out of it what you hope, remember it's really not a diet and make sure you eat light and regimented afterwards cause all you are losing really is water. But it's definitely healthy to clean all that out. Good luck, I feel for ya!!
xo
Yup, ya poop,'til you can't poop no more!! Until when you try to poop, you can't poop...then you're "cleansed"

Ya could say that you're pooped out, so to speak, and be telling the literal truth!!!!

Ha Ha !!!! I said Poop in a thread before threecrabs did!!!!

Hell, I've pooped all over this thread!!!!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I tried it two weeks ago - didn't last 2 days. Some people can do it - for me I can not go w/out eating. I felt so sick to my stomach and headachy it wasnt worth it.

And it's 49 horse pills a day Jewels - 1 vitamin, 10 pills, 3 hours later 6 pills, 3 hours later 10 pills, 3 hours later 6 pills and so on and so forth until all 48 are down the tube. Yech!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(damn yankee @ May 4 2004, 09:01 PM)Ha Ha !!!! I said Poop in a thread before threecrabs did!!!!

Hell, I've pooped all over this thread!!!!
POOP!

But my poop is bigger

Laxatives work good for me

I'm with you Dawg, I cannot go that long. I get sick, headache and dizzy. I'm a weakling when it comes to food I guess <_< .

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Fasting with reason good. Fasting to lose weight, not so good!

This is my forth time doing this colon cleansing, which I do not consider as fasting, your actually taking these amino acid supplements and a vitamin each day to give you the nutrients you need...but those dam colon enzyme tablets...ugh! Those can go!

Anyways for those of you that have fasted for a day, or for those that have done this colon cleansing for a day, or even the entire five days, kudos to you!! I love that feeling that I can have disipline in my life....but that's just me!

Rock on girls...2 1/2 more days!!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts