Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Sky Cloud Vertebrate Window Fisherman

got these at stoney 19" and 19.5" i lost a third due to a bad net man!!!
also got a 27" pike all fish caught in 12fow all on orange harness slow trolling with the electric... every walleye i ever caught at stoney was all the same size of these nothing bigger nothing smaller anybody else have the same experience??? iam not complaining i just think its strange......

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
I caught three perch all 11.7in. i dont know maybe all the same size fish stick together in stoney creek. Maybe its like a gang thing. The 17inchers are rivals with the 16inch clan

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
The fish are stocked. They probably stick together according to year class. Just my opinion.

P.S. Year classes are 2001, 2003, and 2005 for stocking.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
QUOTE(PelicanKayaker @ Jun 22 2009, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The fish are stocked. They probably stick together according to year class. Just my opinion.

P.S. Year classes are 2001, 2003, and 2005 for stocking.

all fish where all caught in totally different locations.1 by the boat launch 1 by the south dam the lost one was by the west beach. every year they are the same size no bigger no smaller they are perfect for eating tho.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Wishin2bFishin @ Jun 22 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Maybe the size of the average fish is limited by the size of the lake its in?

i just never caught any smaller then the 19 to 20 " size year after year? i dont get it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts