The good thing about having parents that live on Lake St. Clair is that
on Fathers Day I get to fish with my dad! We'll either troll for musky
or drift for walleye, depending on the weather. I'll be sure to post our
results. Get out there and fish this weekend with your dad. Happy Father's
to all you dad's!!

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Thanks Canuck: Good advice, that day should be a bit windy with gust expected to 31 but 10 mph winds might hold out for awhile, the morning will be ok i hope.

h2o<--will milk fathers day.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Canuck,

I'm with you.
I'm taking my father and 8 year old son fishing Saturday morning. Hopefully the weather will hold-out. (h2o I hope that forecast you read was wrong)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
QUOTE(h2o @ Jun 17 2004, 01:39 PM)Thanks Canuck: Good advice, that day should be a bit windy with gust expected to 31 but 10 mph winds might hold out for awhile, the morning will be ok i hope.

Perhaps it's metric. I just checked and don't see that kind of wind for saturday.

Pop's is a little too passed the going out in the boat age but I'm sure if he saw that forecast he would not be going. Happy father's day all. See ya on the water after I take pop's out for a early breakfast.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
I got it off accu-weather:

Home : Local Forecast : Forecast in Detail

Sunday 6/20 Forecast in Detail for ROYAL OAK, MI

Day
Partly sunny
High 73° F
Maximum RealFeel® 71° F
RealFeel Shade® 67° F
Winds WSW at 10 mph
Wind Gusts 31 mph
Maximum UV 7
Thunderstorm Probability 10%
Amount of Precipitation 0.00 in
Amount of Rain 0.00 in
Amount of Snow 0 in
Hours of Precipitation 0
Hours of Rain 0
Accupop™

h2o

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Capt n Paul looks like the wish is coming true here's the latest.

Sunday 6/20 Forecast in Detail for ROYAL OAK, MI

Day
Clouds and sunshine
High 75° F
Maximum RealFeel® 74° F
RealFeel Shade® 71° F
Winds WSW at 10 mph
Wind Gusts 19 mph
Maximum UV 7
Thunderstorm Probability 0%
Amount of Precipitation 0.00 in
Amount of Rain 0.00 in
Amount of Snow 0 in
Hours of Precipitation 0
Hours of Rain 0
Accupop™

h2o<--says now that's better

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm at 12& coolidge. I'll be takin My dad out sunday. wish Me lots of luck. It may Be one of the last times He makes it out. He's had a stroke and some other complications. But man He sure gets excited to get after em. He was an exceptionel walleye fisherman on claire. I was his 1st mate. Now I'm the skipper and I've promissed him a nice Muskie. He cant sleep. Any suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks Guys and Good luck to the rest of You.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Yes Canuck I'm within a stone's throw away. 11 + Campbell maybe we can team up sometime. Enjoy fathers day and catch a big one for dad. Get one on and give him the pole.

h2o<---good luck neighbor.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
I have been trying to get my Dad to go out with me fishing, but, at age 93 he's afraid to try to get into the boat. I know I can lower him from the dock into the boat and then pull him back up, but he so afraid that something bad will happen to him,, So, a couple of years ago he gave my son his fishing gear...
Happy Fathers Day all...

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, we made it out and got into a couple of perch that was it. We fished
in front of Metro in the pack of boats. Didn't really see much action going
on besides the occasional perch. Did anyone get into anything? I noticed
that the water temp was 68-69 degrees. I think it's time to chase those
walleye in deeper water now. Any walleye reports? It was still nice to be
out on the pond with my dad!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
QUOTE(h2o @ Jun 17 2004, 01:39 PM)Thanks Canuck: Good advice, that day should be a bit windy with gust expected to 31 but 10 mph winds might hold out for awhile, the morning will be ok i hope.

h2o - boy were you right and I was I wrong. Will not doubt your weather report again. Had a heck of time Saturday. Thank God it was a little Musky. Could not have handled a bigger fish by myself out there in that wind. Finally pulled into towards Selfridge and caught a few bait fish
. Love them tubes. Nothing of any size but at least it was calm and I could cast from the front deck.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Thanks Icet: Well i know Chuck Gaidica, Chris Edwards, Cam Carmen, Jerry Hodak, can't for get Steve Schultz of the weather channel.. lol JUST JOKING.--- Anyways weather is my hobby and it's easy to forecast 3days 5days is tricky things in the atmosphere can change quickly, I'm thinking about doing a 3-5 day forecast on this forum but would hate to be wrong and have people come over and pound me in my front yard. lol.. Glad you found a calm spot and enjoyed yourself, decking it. Not sure about putting my neck out but I might just try giving best fishing days and see how it goes. Just tryin to help ppl out on planning to fish the best days.. Not much worse than howling wind, water, and the boat. Land is our friend so if you tuck in the right place's you can still fish effective.

h2o<---says thank you

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
H20,

I think it's a great idea. You couldn't do any worse than the meteorologists that
you've mentioned. Besides, I've noticed that a few of your predictions have been much
closer than the weather gods anyway. Go for it!

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Thank you for the vote of confidence, a few more votes i'll go for it but if a storm pop's up from out of no where that's weather. When the atmosphere heats up in summer that can happen easily, there are still factors with that though. I'll start with 3 days and work to 5 days. All forecast are not guaranteed. LOL If i bat over 90% i'll be happy. Wed. tomarrow june 23 will be just perfect but chance of thunderstorms in the P.M.

h2o<--the weather guy

·
Registered
927 Posts
i'll second that motion. we want accurate h20 forcasts. but no berkley plugs
just kidding. go for it man. i promise i wont pound on you if your wrong, but i cant speak for these other guys.

madman himself

·
Registered
241 Posts
You've got my vote H20. That would save me about half an hour at work each day having to study the high and low pressure fronts, amount of precipitation in the clouds coming at us, etc.. That would be a great feature on this site and guaranteed to be more accurate than the other reports out there which seem to develop their forecasts to cover a state instead of an area of the state.

·
Registered
235 Posts
h2o,

You've got my vote as well. We got pushed around pretty good on Saturday. At least my 23' Sea Ray handles the waves.

We spent most of the morning just searching for fish. Finally moved in close to shore up by the Salt River, but couldn't get a bite. It was still good to get out with dad.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts