Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother a friend and I are taking our dads on our 4th annual father and son charter fishing trip up in grindstone city. (tip of thumb) We always seem to have a great time and it seems the least we could do for the sh!t we put them through in our younger days.
I'm praying for a halfway decent day next Sat.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Normally , My dad and I go to the Gratiot Cruise or a car show, then we go out to eat. This year will be hard for me seeing my dad past away in Janruary, so my day with dad will be spending some time with him at the cemetary with my mom. I hope it won't be to hard....Boy I miss him alot..

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
QUOTE(WakinUp @ Jun 8 2003, 07:23 PM)Normally , My dad and I go to the Gratiot Cruise or a car show, then we go out to eat. This year will be hard for me seeing my dad past away in Janruary, so my day with dad will be spending some time with him at the cemetary with my mom. I hope it won't be to hard....Boy I miss him alot..

I hope your family can get through the day with strength in your hearts and lots of reflections of good memories with your father.....

edited...TMI

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
We'll be celebrating my birthday and Fathers Day together at my new yet unfurnished home.
I would like to do something or get something really nice for my Dad....I cant think of anything good enough to show him how much he means to me though ????

I will scramble this week to try and figure something out.
I'm open to any ideas

·
Registered
120 Posts
My wife got tickets for my sons and I to go see the Sirius 400 at Michigan Speedway on Father's Day. It'll be our first NASCAR race so I am excited! My Dad lives in Florida so I will not see him on Father's Day but my brother and I chipped in on a plane ticket and we are taking him with us to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown in July as his Father's Day present.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My two brother & I take pop golfing every year.
Then we do it again in a few weeks for his birthday on July 5th.
He's a golf fanatic.......

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
WakinUp, my sympathies to you and your family. I went through the same emotions on Mother's Day having lost my mom on april 15. You'll make it through though. Just remeber all the good times you and your dad had and he'll never be too far away.

As for my father and me. He lives a block and half away and I could care less. I'll probably mail him a card and not talk to him. Nothing new here. Anyone want to try counseling on this on?

To everyone else. Have a great Father's Day. Just remeber that not everyone has a great father and be thankfull that you do and let him know how much you Love him and appreciate him.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
My dad will be in New York for a wedding/vacation. So looks like I'm going golfing with my stepdad... or should I say drinkin' beer and driving the golf cart.
I'm not much of a golfer, but I've been know to drink 1 or 2 beers.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
WakinUp, our hearts go out to you and your family.... hope the love and support of your friends here, help in some way.

Boatchic, you can share my dad. He has a heart big enough for 100 kids. Unfortunately, only enough patience for a dog... and not always enough for her. LOL

We will be driving up to Marlette to spend the day with dad.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
We're just going over to both our parents houses. One for breakfast and one for lunch. We're taking the puppy with us too.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jun 9 2003, 09:38 AM)We're just going over to both our parents houses. One for breakfast and one for lunch. We're taking the puppy with us too.

Cool. Introducing them to their now "granddogger".

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(MrsSunbum @ Jun 9 2003, 09:42 AM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jun 9 2003, 09:38 AM) We're just going over to both our parents houses. One for breakfast and one for lunch. We're taking the puppy with us too.

Cool. Introducing them to their now "granddogger".
We took her to Boss' parents' yesterday, but mine weren't home.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE(MrsSunbum @ Jun 9 2003, 08:36 AM)Boatchic, you can share my dad. He has a heart big enough for 100 kids. Unfortunately, only enough patience for a dog... and not always enough for her. LOL

Thank you Elaine! that's very sweet

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
QUOTE(BoatChic @ Jun 9 2003, 10:08 AM)QUOTE(MrsSunbum @ Jun 9 2003, 08:36 AM)
Boatchic, you can share my dad. He has a heart big enough for 100 kids. Unfortunately, only enough patience for a dog... and not always enough for her. LOL

Thank you Elaine! that's very sweet

For you? anything!

Dad is pretty forgetful these days, if you walked in & said "Hi dad, Happy Fathers Day" He would hug you & say , "thank-you, sweetie". He wouldnt know if you were just one of his brood or not. LOL ....and there are only 4 of of us!

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
My brother and I will be trap shooting with my dad. He is the one that got us turned on to it in the first place and any time I can shoot a few rounds with him is always special.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
i used to slways get weekend tickets and pitt passes for detroit grand prix, go on saturday, he likes the trans am style cars and celebrity races...
spend all day sat at belle isle.... then sunday have a family bbq.
this year, just a family bbq....

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i'll be bbqin at my bro's since my mom's bday is the 13th and father's day the 15th. i'm doing the cooking.

i sent my mom a gift basket from our fine advertiser 'gift baskets and more' and for my dad we're chipping in for a glider for the porch! thanks monica!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts