Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With fathers day coming up, I just wanted to thank all the Dad's for getting there kids involved in the outdoors.

This photo is the reason I fish, he always had time to take me fishing and teach me all he could. This photo was taken this spring as he is now 80 years old and still loves to fish. The responsibilities have changed, I now gladly take him fishing, help him in the boat and and help him with the fish and knot tying. There are days that he still puts more fish in the boat than me and those are some of my favorite days on the lake.

I just wanted to say thanks Dad.+

Plant Fish Fisherman Tree Recreational fishing

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice post!! My step-father took me out fishing a lot when I was little. It was the ONLY thing we ever did together. I try and take my kids out whenever I get a chance. I brought my 12 yr old son up to the lake a couple of weeks ago, now my 9 yr old daughter is asking to do the same. I'm going to bring them both up next yr.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
I wish mine was here to still enjoy it with me. I have many fond memories of our trips, and little tricks that his father taught him, that I too will teach my boys.

·
Registered
53 Posts
A special thanks to all the dad's out there... dont know what i would do without mine he has taught me so much about life in general and how to be a man.. hopefully i will follow in his shoes...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Great post! Lost my father a few years ago to cancer. He never took me fishing but spent many great days on the water. Some of my best memories are of out on the boat swimming and having fun. Though he wasn't a fisherman I'm sure he would be proud to know that I have the passion.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Great post man!! Picture's worth a thousand words.

I am one of the lucky ones to still have my father (72) and in great health. He fishes nearly every day. He always takes my brother who is legally blind (pictured fishing with dad)

I'm going to get this pic framed.
Happy Father's day to your dad and everybodys dad.
We owe so much to them!

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'll say it too. GREAT POST.
Dads are something very special. Our dad turned all of his kids into anglers. We fished every weekend at the crack of dawn and loved it.
Now I have turned my son into an avid angler too.
Spend time with your Dad all. Even if he doesn't fish. Life is way to short and soon we will be a memory. Unfortunately our Dad only made it to 48.
Good job to all the Dads out there. Happy Fathers Day Guys.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Great post! My dad (RIP) taught me how to fish, and I'm eternally grateful. Props to all dads who take their kids fishing, and I can't think of a better way to spend Father's Day.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts