Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had heard that the boats were suppose to go all the way to Metro....is this true?

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Not really any help to you now until next year, but we went from the bridgeview bridge to the floating docks at Metro. It was a blast. Next year bigger and better.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Yeah, you missed it.
It was last night.
I have a Clinton Twp. events paper here
that says it's the 9th.
Kind of took me by surprise also.
Was much better then last years parade.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
The PARADE of LIGHTS is at the SCS Venetian Festival next weekend. What you missed was the Clinton River Parade of Lights.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Can't wait to see pictures of Hazy's boat all lit up! Great job, and thanks for flying the LSCN banners next to those of Dolphin Marine. We were honored!

Instigator is right. Here's the details on the 10th Anniversary Venetian Festival Boat Parade of Lights & Fireworks;

Time: Dark

Details: By far, the most spectacular event of the Venetian Festival. Watch in awe as elaborately decorated boats light up the night as they parade the shoreline and compete for prizes. In celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the Festival, some of the most memorable boats of past parades will be brought back to wow the spectators! Fireworks follow end of parade. A memorable, party night and everyone comes from miles around...so arrive early. Applications for boat entries are available at most NMA businesses, or call Eric at the number listed above.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
QUOTE(NoCode_DNR @ Aug 3 2003, 09:42 PM)I did not know there are two different parades.
Now I do.
Thanks,
NC_DNR
Ditto!

Knew nothing about the Clinton River...

The venetian Fest. Is always a good time and an awesome sight!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Since there are two shows, is one Fesitival of Lights supposed to be better than the other? Or are they about the same?

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I prefer the Clinton river because there is more shore line and the boats are more stable. Last year I spectated both and nautical mile had more boats, but they were being jostled and it just seemed more cramped. Many people like the nautical mile more though because there are usually more boats. This year I will be on a cruise ship in the bahamas and won't be able to see the nautical mile's

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
the fire works after wards are pretty nice , too

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
i have a bunch of fire works left over from the 4 th does anyone ever light them off at gull at night? or do you think people would get upset?

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Bobrob, yes, people light them off of Gull on various evenings. There should ve no problem there except from law enforcement.

Big, yea, since Cassie and I can't go to Europe for various reasons, we have decided to hang in south florida for a few days and go on a cruise for a few days to Nassau, and Cacaio Cay in the Bahamas. We are leaving tonight at about 6ish.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Aug 4 2003, 12:28 PM)Where's the pic of Hazy's boat? Want to see it pretty bad.
I would love to see pics myself. I only took a few, but My parents have many. As soon as I can get ahold of some I will post them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts