Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out yesterday morning (Sat 8-27) with my grandson, and we did O.K. at best with some perch and bass. We fished in the Snake Hwy. going into Fisher's Bay from the Sny, and also in the Doty Hwy. going from the Sny into Goose Bay.
I caught a lot of dink perch using a snelled hook with a golden hammered spinner on it while trolling, and only brought home 7 good sized perch from 8" to 11". Caught the bigger perch in the middle of Fisher's Bay and along the edge of the weeds in the Doty.
My grandson nailed two smallies, 19" & a 20 incher, both on a silver & purple 5" tube bait. These two bass were caught in the Snake Hwy. and in the Doty Hwy. He had a small pike hooked that broke water & threw the hook in the Snake. I had one great hit in the Snake that broke my 20 pound test leader. I just felt one big WHAM! and that was it. Broken or cut line. Also caught a few largemouths that were undersized in the Snake & Doty, and a giant sheepshead in the Snake.
Tried to anchor when we got a bigger perch, but that would not work for us. While anchored, I used one rod with a bobber on it, one with a perch spreader on it and one I was casting. No hits while anchored. I think it was because the water is so gin clear & shallow, and the fish were spooked by the shadow of the boat or whatever. While trolling, I use no weight at all, & the bait is far behind the boat and the fish are not spooked, but again, most of the perch (a bunch of them) were dinks. Used minnows & worms & they worked about the same for us. Nice emerald shiners from Anglers Point bait shop by Selfridge. All of the water where we caught fish was 5-8 feet deep. Tried in the middle of the cuts and did not get anything. Too much boat traffic in the center of the two cuts. Best fishing in Fisher's & Goose Bay is coming in late September and into late October.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Was out yesterday morning (Sat 8-27) with my grandson, and we did O.K. at best with some perch and bass. We fished in the Snake Hwy. going into Fisher's Bay from the Sny, and also in the Doty Hwy. going from the Sny into Goose Bay.
I caught a lot of dink perch using a snelled hook with a golden hammered spinner on it while trolling, and only brought home 7 good sized perch from 8" to 11". Caught the bigger perch in the middle of Fisher's Bay and along the edge of the weeds in the Doty.
My grandson nailed two smallies, 19" & a 20 incher, both on a silver & purple 5" tube bait. These two bass were caught in the Snake Hwy. and in the Doty Hwy. He had a small pike hooked that broke water & threw the hook in the Snake. I had one great hit in the Snake that broke my 20 pound test leader. I just felt one big WHAM! and that was it. Broken or cut line. Also caught a few largemouths that were undersized in the Snake & Doty, and a giant sheepshead in the Snake.
Tried to anchor when we got a bigger perch, but that would not work for us. While anchored, I used one rod with a bobber on it, one with a perch spreader on it and one I was casting. No hits while anchored. I think it was because the water is so gin clear & shallow, and the fish were spooked by the shadow of the boat or whatever. While trolling, I use no weight at all, & the bait is far behind the boat and the fish are not spooked, but again, most of the perch (a bunch of them) were dinks. Used minnows & worms & they worked about the same for us. Nice emerald shiners from Anglers Point bait shop by Selfridge. All of the water where we caught fish was 5-8 feet deep. Tried in the middle of the cuts and did not get anything. Too much boat traffic in the center of the two cuts. Best fishing in Fisher's & Goose Bay is coming in late September and into late October.
Thanks for the report IGGY, sounds like a fantastic day, I love that area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts