Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two years ago at Belle Maer, while getting my boat ready to go in the water, I watched a guy fix the cracks around the exhaust outlets on a Sea Ray. I chatted with him for a few and he told me he pretty much specializes on this repair, as it is pretty common on Sea Ray cruisers. The heat from the exhaust causes several 2 to 3 inch cracks to form radiating out from the opening.

I didn't think to get his name and number as my Pachanga didn't have this problem. Well guess what, I now have a 350 Sundancer with this exact problem that I need to get fixed before I replace the boot stripes. Does anyone know this guy? Or can someone recommend someone good to do it? It would have to be done at Belle Maer since the boat can't be moved.

Thanks!

·
12,052 Posts
That is VERY common on Searays. I've seen dozens. Steve West once owned fiberglass refinishers on South River Road, I don't think he's into that now, but I run into him all the time at boat events. He is the best fiberglass guy I've ever known. He guaranteed his work for the life of the boat. If you can find someone with close to that good of a guarantee, go for it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
we have a contractor, mike burt, fiberglass repairs, that works for me, he is the best. all warrenties would be same as anyone around
please call,
dave blaz
586-783-3700

·
Registered
75 Posts
custom enterprises, dave unger... is very meticulius...
if you take pride in the things you own he is the guy for you
313 822-8585

1 - 5 of 5 Posts