Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after casting bucktails for about 5 hrs over the last week and a half in anchor bay, I finally caught my first muskie. I casted a firetiger buck tail for about an hour an a half between selfridge and the salt river in 7-8 feet of water with no results. So i picked up my med spinning rod with a 4" white and chartuse twister on it and caught a couple rock bass and a 13" largemouth in about 20 minutes. I told my buddy that I cant belive I havent caught a pike yet as it looked really good and weedy where we were at. Then I had a nice hit and seen the fish go by and told him I had a pike on. When I got it up by the boat I could easily tell by the colors that it was a muskie not a pike. It was about 20" or so. After a pic it was back in to grow up. I then put my white bucktail on and casted for another hour + with no takers. I am going to head out to deeper water next time out and try 10' of water and see if I can get a bigger one, may even try and troll for awhile to try and locate some bigger fish. Also included is a pic of a 5lb largemouth caught in same area friday evening on rubber worm.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
oh no,....sorry but there's no turning back. Your going to be addicted for life..lol Nice Muskie!!

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
That kids gotta nice looking boat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts