Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the impossible has happened. I finally caught a Musky casting. caught at 3:00 p.m in 10 feet of water on a chartreuse Hi-Fin. Breeze picked up and a little cloudy. Water temp 70.5 degrees. Tommorow I am definitely getting some jaw spreaders and bolt cutters. I am not going fishing again until I have the necessary release tools. I quit fishing right after that fish because I learned how lucky I was that I was able to release him unharmed. But saw how easily it could have been a different story had the fish taken the trebles deep.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
QUOTE(Doug_MI @ Sep 18 2009, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well the impossible has happened. I finally caught a Musky casting. caught at 3:00 p.m in 10 feet of water on a chartreuse Hi-Fin. Breeze picked up and a little cloudy. Water temp 70.5 degrees. Tommorow I am definitely getting some jaw spreaders and bolt cutters. I am not going fishing again until I have the necessary release tools. I quit fishing right after that fish because I learned how lucky I was that I was able to release him unharmed. But saw how easily it could have been a different story had the fish taken the trebles deep.

good job brother!!! I knew it wouldn't be too long
Way to STICK WITH IT!

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
That's awesome! What's even more awesome is that it's evident that you're putting the welfare of the fish ahead of your own fishing. Catching the fish is easy. Respecting the fish (either keeping and eating or releasing and reviving) is the hard work.

Well done!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts