Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
We were anchored right over there Sunday, and it looked like a salvage boat brought a person to the air fire/rescue boat. They just did a quick trade off. I have no idea what happened, though.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
SUNDAY night around 6, they had a report of a sinking boat by the light houses!

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE(condor @ Aug 10 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I work for St. Clair Marine Salvage and we were extremely busy sunday night during that storm.

i was on the boat that was being towed when marine ones boat flipped over... it was a long night to say the least... we left the moot at 8 and didnt make it back to miller marina until almost 2 am

·
Registered
30 Posts
QUOTE(RedRocket @ Aug 10 2009, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(condor @ Aug 10 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I work for St. Clair Marine Salvage and we were extremely busy sunday night during that storm.

i was on the boat that was being towed when marine ones boat flipped over... it was a long night to say the least... we left the moot at 8 and didnt make it back to miller marina until almost 2 am

That was all shades of bad. Between the jet ski on the rocks, helping out with the Marine one sinking, and the two ther tows in that horror show, we were some tired boys by the end of the night.

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE(condor @ Aug 10 2009, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(RedRocket @ Aug 10 2009, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(condor @ Aug 10 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I work for St. Clair Marine Salvage and we were extremely busy sunday night during that storm.

That was all shades of bad. Between the jet ski on the rocks, helping out with the Marine one sinking, and the two ther tows in that horror show, we were some tired boys by the end of the night.

it didnt help when the boat i was on (not mine) didnt have a vhf, flares, the gps died, and 3 of the 4 cells on the boat ended up dying or breaking

·
Registered
30 Posts
QUOTE(RedRocket @ Aug 10 2009, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(condor @ Aug 10 2009, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(RedRocket @ Aug 10 2009, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(condor @ Aug 10 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I work for St. Clair Marine Salvage and we were extremely busy sunday night during that storm.

it didnt help when the boat i was on (not mine) didnt have a vhf, flares, the gps died, and 3 of the 4 cells on the boat ended up dying or breaking

Wow sounds like the owner needs to get a little better prepared.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.