Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i went to bass pro shops last night for one reason. i needed a better tube set up. i have been using a 6'3" st croix legend elite with a shimano stradic 2500 for a while now. its a great set up, dont get me wrong. but i am finding that when making long cast with the fish picking the bait up on the initial drop, the 6'3" rod isnt wuite long enough to sweep up enough line to get a good hook set from that far away.

so into bps i go and shoot right over to the rods. im looking at the avid series. not really finding anything that looks strong enough. sure they have 7' rods, but they seemed a little lite for what i wanted.

out of the corner of my eye, i spot the isle with the all stars in it. im thinking, can i buy an all star? should i buy an all star? what do i have to lose. i found the classic series tube edition. looks like its heavy enough. has a good fast tip on it. priced right. so i pick it up. i like it, now lets see how it looks with a stradic 4000 on it.

i will say that my intent was on buying a titanium series, but they didnt have any. so this will have to do for now.
would have waited but i need for saturdays bfl.

now i have 9 croixs and an all star. will let yous guys know how i like it.

madman himself

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Thank you Madman....you wont regret it. Remember you get a lifetime warranty with that, save your reciept and you can exchange it over the counter. You probably wont need it, but in case you do All Star is there for you.

You can always go to Gander Waterford for a selection of All Stars in that area.

Mini

·
Registered
467 Posts
Brian..tsk tsk...

Just kidding...I was looking for a 6'6" MH casting rod awhile ago and went into BPS looking for an Avid. Thing was...no Avids. I did the same thing you did...into the All Star aisle I went. Ended up leaving with a 6'6" Titanium...so far so good. I'd have to say a top notch rod in every way (and I'm not just saying that for Mini's sake!). Good luck this weekend! Hopefully I'll get the boat back soon and join you on the water....

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jeff,

whats wrong with the strat? did you ever get a new trolling motor? what are you doing sunday? lets go fishing. what do you think?

madman himself

·
Registered
467 Posts
Well Brian...I decided I would take the boat in when I was told it would only take "one or two days" to look at. That was 15 days ago (actually took 10 days to "look at")...I had some cracks developing on my trailer near the light housings so I figured I'd have those looked at while the trolling motor was being looked at/worked on. From what I understand, pictures have been sent to Stratos of the trailer and they need to give authorization to do warranty work, and parts have been ordered for the Kota. I'm HOPING I'll have my boat next week, but who knows...I'll check with the wife about Sunday. If I can swing it, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds good. me and tony might do cass tonite if you ae intersted. give me a call if you wanna go, if not, dont call, just go home and wish you had your boat

for real tho, tough luck on the wait. i took my boat in last year in the spring and didnt get it back for a month, and then when i finally got it back, it still didnt work, had to take it back up for another month.

talk to you later

madman himself

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jeff,

offer still stands. i will call you saturday afternoon after i am off the water and we will decide where we want to go.

email me your cel # if your not going to be home on saturday.

madman himself

1 - 8 of 8 Posts