Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have heard of people catching the occasional largemouth through the ice. dont hear it too often, but have heard it.

went ice fishing yesterday with some friends out on Sears Lake in Milford.

fished from 11:30 am - 5:30 pm with not one fish caught.

me and another friend started heading back to the house on the other side of the lake and noticed that the one tip up we left in where we originally started fishing had a flag up.

we approached it cautiously, pulled the rig from the hole and began recovering the line.

i felt the weight of the fish as it was slowly making it way farther and deeper from the hole.

i wrapped the line around my hand, took two steps backwards to get the slack out, and gave it a good yank.

after about 30 seconds of fight, we brought through our 8" hole the most beautiful and magnificent thing i have seen since october, a 21" 4lb largie.

i still havent washed my hands. cant get enough of the bassy smell.

6 hours of ice fishing, and it payed off big time. made my day.

madman himself

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
You lucky devil, you... It makes even more cruel that I'm heading to Florida for a few days and will be in meetings almost the entire time. The only way I'll know I'm somewhere warm is not seeing snow out the window.

Some guys catch a lot of bass through the ice and some guys never do. I ice fished a small pond once where I just creamed two-pound largemouths all day a bluegill setup. I haven't ice fished in several years though. As I tell many people who ask why I don't, it's simply because I spend each winter repairing my marriage...

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
I caught a limit a week ago....

All largeheads....I hear Rayburn is heating up. 9 stringers of 20+ pounds. Took 16.5 to get a check in last weeks tournament. (NO I wasnt there, I was at Bass Pro Shops in Bossier City fishing in the tank. I did get bit by a 12 pound bass.....and I did catch a carp in the tank.

Mini

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
john,

you have connections with bps. what are your day rates for guided trips out on the bps tank?

whatever they are, i will double them. i seen a 6 lb smallie in there the other day and i wanna catch him!

madman himself

1 - 4 of 4 Posts