Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
3,236 Posts
Fished the raft in the canals to the right from the parking lot from 3-6pm. Caught one gill and the steely that is pictured below. 4 pound test and the smallest tear drop you have ever seen tipped with a minnow took the steely. Had to fight it for about twenty minutes and had the head through the hole several times before I could finally gill it and squeeze it through my 5 inch hole in the ice. Very lucky to have hooked that fish let alone land it. It destroyed the drag on that little reel and stretched the line beyond repair. Oh well, I think it was worth it.
4 inches of ice where there was some but their was not much. Lot of open water. Nice to brush the dust off the eqipment though. Probably back out tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
QUOTE(Tony @ Dec 19 2009, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fished the raft in the canals to the right from the parking lot from 3-6pm. Caught one gill and the steely that is pictured below. 4 pound test and the smallest tear drop you have ever seen tipped with a minnow took the steely. Had to fight it for about twenty minutes and had the head through the hole several times before I could finally gill it and squeeze it through my 5 inch hole in the ice. Very lucky to have hooked that fish let alone land it. It destroyed the drag on that little reel and stretched the line beyond repair. Oh well, I think it was worth it.
4 inches of ice where there was some but their was not much. Lot of open water. Nice to brush the dust off the eqipment though. Probably back out tomorrow.

Congrats on the steel, and thanks for the report. Gotta love it!

·
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(MadHomie @ Dec 19 2009, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Tony @ Dec 19 2009, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fished the raft in the canals to the right from the parking lot from 3-6pm.I'm not an avid fisherman but occasionally read these threads. What exactly is the "Raft" and where is it located?

Thanks

It is a bar in fairhaven by the bouvier bridge that charges $3 for parking and is usually the first safe ice and the last safe ice due to the lack of currents there and general wind direction.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(Tony @ Dec 19 2009, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry about the double pic, I suck with technology.

Your a mod .......... DELETE IT!!!LOL
Oh and by the way nice job and good report.
Boy oh boy not only did you double the pic you doubled the post. LOL

·
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Dec 19 2009, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Tony @ Dec 19 2009, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry about the double pic, I suck with technology.

My mod powers are limited to the cookbook.
Everyone sees that title and thinks I have the power, but it only works in the cookbook.
But if you post a bad recipe I will moderate the shi! out of it.

·
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No idea about the multiple threads either. Wierd day all around, first an ice steely on the first trip in a place you should not catch one and now the multiple posts. Chefnutz, help me!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(Tony @ Dec 19 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Dec 19 2009, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Tony @ Dec 19 2009, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry about the double pic, I suck with technology.

My mod powers are limited to the cookbook.
Everyone sees that title and thinks I have the power, but it only works in the cookbook.
But if you post a bad recipe I will moderate the shi! out of it.

but first do you cook it then modify it. LOL

·
Registered
673 Posts
Awesome fish...that had to be a blast getting that steely in. Thanks for the report and congrats.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Sweet steelie!
Good job.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
nice catch tony! wish I could've joined you when you called. had daddy duty though. I knew you were going to do good there, that spot has always produced for me. but I would have never guessed that you would land a steelie, way to go!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts