Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out with Alan (Top Gun) and a couple other friends of his and all I have to say is man what a blast. We went out to a pheasant farm near Deford. Had a total of five shooters and Alan's daughter got her first pheasant, and I got my first pheasant. Pics to come later. I am currently in the process of trying to skin them out to see if I can salvage them into some mounts. I had an absolute blast ended up with two roosters both were ground birds that didn't get flushed but what a challenge to go after these birds, And what a workout on me. I can only imagine how the dog's feel right now. If anyone hasn't gone pheasant hunting and can afford to give it a try, Do it. It is a lot of fun especially when you are going with a great working dog like Alan has. Also thanks Alan for the female It will make a nice pair if I can get both of them skinned out.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
very good time indeed! I had to help my dog down the stairs last night and this morning it took a lot of effort on his part to get up the stairs and into the yard. poor little guy is starting to feel his age. got a picture to post later of rachelyn holding her first bird!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some pics of three of the birds.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one more pic

Attachments

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pic of all three together.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pic of the crash test dummy skinned. It took 48 minutes to skin it for a mount. No rips or tears in the skin. Only holes were from bb's. I don't know why these taxidermists on my other forum keep saying I am picking the toughest things to start on if everything else is easier than rabbits and pheasants then I can't wait to do those

Attachments

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well Got the second one (the female) done and should have checked the condition of the feathers before I started her. Didn't realize all her back feathers were picked off from fighting it looked like. Oh well got more expertise on skinning. Did this one without a single tear or rip of the skin. Now on to the big male.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.