Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might have an opportunity to fish the Canadian side of St Clair for the first time. I am looking for any information that I can get. The usual stuff. Where to go, where not to. I will have time for a one day trip. Do most of you guys launch from the Canadian side or simply boat over. So far the best area that I have heard of is the Belle River Hump. Are the northern channels worth the trip? What about Wapol Island? There is a lot of water over there.
I know I need a Canadian license, but what else? I have heard a lot of different stories. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Belle hump is good. You need to search the entire hump and look for little key spots where the fish will group up.

Walpole Island area is good but it is an Indian reservation so you would need the Indian license.

The south shoreline is good all the way from the Detroit river to Stoney Point. Again, key depths vary - look for fish to be grouped up and be prepared to cover a lot of water to search.

If you don't boat over from the US side, you will need a passport for everyone in the car in order to get back into the US.

If you do boat over from the US side, you need to watch the weather forecasts especially if you have a smaller boat.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are set on the boat. A nice meduim "V" 21 ft with a 150HP Merc. How long does it take to get to the Belle River Hump for the Detroit River? Where is Stoney Point?

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Are you making this trip for or after Saturday, June 27th? Remember, bass season is not open until June 27th on the CAN side. I did not see any dates or species mentioned.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right now I am planning on the July 4th weekend, or the weekend after. I am pretty much a catch and release guy. Other than a occasional walleye, I take a picture and let them go. Do you need a passport or anything else if you don't touch land?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Don't forget you can not have any alcohol at all in the boat including empty beer cans in Canada.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.