Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
made my first trip to st.clair this weekend.put in at metro beach after a short period of time we went back to the dock to check on the other boat to see how the bilge pump surgery was going.(thats a fun job).anyhow while we were there cory(the dnr guy)told me to try the north channel.if the traffic didn't beach us it might be productive.( the surgery was a success)so away we went.thank you cory...we had a ball after the ocean liners got tired...lol...we only caught 1 smallie 2-1/2 i caught it on a white tube. we seen quite a few breaking water but they had lockjaw.went to the docks after the traffic died down and found a school of largemouth all were between 1 to 2 1/2 lbs.we caught them on flukes,spinnerbaits,and watermelon tubes.went back this morning and they were there again and they wanted the same thing's along with topwater.after catching and releasing 11 or 12 we went on up the river and the other guys went back to the other side they caught 1 walleye about 3 lbs a northern about the same weight and a few nice perch.andy who is 10 just skullblinded his dad and the other guy...lol...it was great.we on the other hand found a school of largemouth that had to be crossed with smallies i have never found a school of largemouth this big.smallies?yes but largemouth...we caught at least 25-30 and lost 10-15 my cousin and his wife were coming in this weekend so i talked him in to going with us i gave him a spinning outfit and he fished with it upside down if that tells you anything.after he lost i know 8-10 fish i told him if he didn't start setting the hook he would never get one to the boat.to this his reply was...well if we ain't keepin um there ain't no use gettin my hands all smelly now is there? lol.but after he did start settin it i swear i threatened to throw my baitcaster down and grab a spinning outfit out of the locker turn it upside down and put on a watermellon tube.he just hammered them i know he caught 20 fish at least.and ask me if i wanted any pointers the whole time...lol...we had a blast...these fish were at the end of a dock where the current was running at a pretty good clip...i don't know exactly where but if you know where the metal building is above the bouy.(bouy is at the point of the big weedbed) when i looked across the river the building was between 10 and 11 o'clock.this is really the truth i don't know about any of you but i have never found that many largemouth in one spot.the largest fish was about 2 lbs but it was fun while it lasted and was worth the 6 hr.trip up.i have got to try it again when it gets colder and some of the pleasure boaters give up.anyhow, may u all have a wonderful week and good fishing...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.