Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Been following the board for a year now and I can't take it anymore, I have to get up there and fish LSC. Planning to come up in june for some muskie fishing. I was hoping you could share info to get me headed in the right direction on fishing the lake and Detroit river. Also, I never been to the area and was wondering about best places or areas to stay. I may bring my wife along, so I wanted to make sure we stayed in a decent area with places to get stuff to eat. Feel free to PM me if you would rather. Thanks for your help!!

I'm from MI chapter 56 and practise CPR if that matters.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
If you are gonna fish the river, stay at the Best Western in Woodhaven, Mi or in Windsor, On. If you are gonna fish the lake stay in Roseville, Mi or Belle River, On. That is prime time, and casting, trolling and jigging all work. Hope that helps some...

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
If you plan to fish the Detroit River for musky then hire Jon Bondy to take you out & show you the when, where, & how. Money well spent.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Hire a guide for the frist day AT LEAST.

As far as staying....better watch out in Roseville.....they had another prostitution bust there last week, a car jacking the week before and a bank robber was found staying in one of the hotels there.

There are a couple of nice new hotels near the upper end of the lake. Hall rd and Gratiot....21 and gratiot....hall rd and van ****.....23 and van ****.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone!! I am coming up from Dayton ohio area and have a 175 Tracker Targa. I am set up to troll 6 rods and like to cast, so I mix it up and go with the flow. Hoping to fish opener and a few more times in summer and fall.

I am hoping to see Jon Bondy at the Ohio Muskie Show. I was all set for his seminar on Friday, but it looks like he is now speaking on Sunday. Have to see If I can get there on Sunday, was kind of bummed to see the change.

Thanks again for the info and any further to come!!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
The reason they changed the seminar schedule was because people told the promoter that they couldn't make it for Friday. Come to my booth on Friday and I'll tell you all you need to know....Jon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(DRP @ Feb 22 2010, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The reason they changed the seminar schedule was because people told the promoter that they couldn't make it for Friday. Come to my booth on Friday and I'll tell you all you need to know....Jon

Thanks Jon, see you on Friday.

Jarrod

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I can help you a lot on where to fish in St Clair. I have a Map with the most used trolliing lines on it along with the some of the areas the Muskie usually feed for casting. It is incased in plastic so you can keep it on the boat. $20.00 shiping and handling will cover it plus I will mark a hot spot on each side of it. You can call me at 586-254-0833 to order the map. Bob

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
QUOTE(Muskie4Life @ Feb 22 2010, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks everyone!! I am coming up from Dayton ohio area and have a 175 Tracker Targa. I am set up to troll 6 rods and like to cast, so I mix it up and go with the flow. Hoping to fish opener and a few more times in summer and fall.

I am hoping to see Jon Bondy at the Ohio Muskie Show. I was all set for his seminar on Friday, but it looks like he is now speaking on Sunday. Have to see If I can get there on Sunday, was kind of bummed to see the change.

Thanks again for the info and any further to come!!

I grew up near there - moved here 9 years ago. Shoot me a PM the week before you plan to come up and I'll give you some tips. Lots of locations and techniques, and usually stuff is weather dependent and changes weekly. Keep in touch.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(Mini @ Feb 22 2010, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hire a guide for the frist day AT LEAST.

As far as staying....better watch out in Roseville.....they had another prostitution bust there last week, a car jacking the week before and a bank robber was found staying in one of the hotels there.

There are a couple of nice new hotels near the upper end of the lake. Hall rd and Gratiot....21 and gratiot....hall rd and van ****.....23 and van ****.....
Hey hey hey why you got to be saying bad stuff about roseville. J/K But it has gotten bad all over, and roseville pd just are starting to do crack downs on all the bs going on in our fine city. It is about time also.

·
Registered
28 Posts
QUOTE(muskiebobsr @ Feb 22 2010, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I can help you a lot on where to fish in St Clair. I have a Map with the most used trolliing lines on it along with the some of the areas the Muskie usually feed for casting. It is incased in plastic so you can keep it on the boat. $20.00 shiping and handling will cover it plus I will mark a hot spot on each side of it. You can call me at 586-254-0833 to order the map. Bob

Can They be purchased at Anglers Point. I am getting into Muskie for the first time and also keep my boat at Anglers

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Feb 24 2010, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Mini @ Feb 22 2010, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hire a guide for the frist day AT LEAST.

Hey hey hey why you got to be saying bad stuff about roseville. J/K But it has gotten bad all over, and roseville pd just are starting to do crack downs on all the bs going on in our fine city. It is about time also.

Not hating on Roseville!!!! I just hate the crime element that hangs at those hotels (and others)!!!!

Good to hear about Roseville PD. I used to know the Chief back in the day...

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(Spike @ Feb 24 2010, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(muskiebobsr @ Feb 22 2010, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I can help you a lot on where to fish in St Clair. I have a Map with the most used trolliing lines on it along with the some of the areas the Muskie usually feed for casting. It is incased in plastic so you can keep it on the boat. $20.00 shiping and handling will cover it plus I will mark a hot spot on each side of it. You can call me at 586-254-0833 to order the map. Bob

Can They be purchased at Anglers Point. I am getting into Muskie for the first time and also keep my boat at Anglers

If you want one there I am sure you will run into Bob there. he will be keeping his boat there also.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(Spike @ Feb 24 2010, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(muskiebobsr @ Feb 22 2010, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I can help you a lot on where to fish in St Clair. I have a Map with the most used trolliing lines on it along with the some of the areas the Muskie usually feed for casting. It is incased in plastic so you can keep it on the boat. $20.00 shiping and handling will cover it plus I will mark a hot spot on each side of it. You can call me at 586-254-0833 to order the map. Bob

If you're going to OutdooRama you can pick one up there from Bob. He sold them at the last show so I'm sure he'll have them at OutdooRama as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I didn't figure I would get much help when asking for lake info, but I was pleasantly suprised. Thanks to all of you for your generosity and good advice, I can't wait for the season to open and chase some muskies around. Luckily I'm in Ohio and can fish as soon as the water gets soft!! Come on down if you want an early start!!

Thanks again

M4L

1 - 19 of 19 Posts