Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Winners Bar on Harper and I-94 (Friday only). they sucked for a while but I gave them a second chance and they are back on track, just don't like the loud music while eating

·
Registered
209 Posts
london fish and chips best fish and chips you can buy on harper just south of 94 also have crawfish, mini crab cakes, hush puppies, and shrimp at good prices best cod ive ever had

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Mac & rays , algonac, not all you can eat but real good perch,friendly staff

·
Registered
156 Posts
QUOTE(matt928 @ Dec 26 2009, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just got done reading thread regarding all you can eat perch recomendations. What about "fish 'n' chips"? Know of any good spots?

I have tried all the ones named here and more, and let me tell ya, if ya want the hands down no doubt about best F & C in the area head to The House Of Rueben, teh original is on 8 mile, 1/2 mile west of gratiot, (being rebuilt due to fire) teh second location is at 16 and van ****, west of van **** south of 16, they ar enot all you can eat but you can only eat one plate anyway they give you so much! IT IS THE BEST!!

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
QUOTE(StillRob @ Dec 27 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(matt928 @ Dec 26 2009, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just got done reading thread regarding all you can eat perch recomendations. What about "fish 'n' chips"? Know of any good spots?

I have tried all the ones named here and more, and let me tell ya, if ya want the hands down no doubt about best F & C in the area head to The House Of Rueben, teh original is on 8 mile, 1/2 mile west of gratiot, (being rebuilt due to fire) teh second location is at 16 and van ****, west of van **** south of 16, they ar enot all you can eat but you can only eat one plate anyway they give you so much! IT IS THE BEST!!

Thought I heard my name but nope, fortunately I love fish n chips too... and H.O.R. has some of the baddest around. Don't even get me started on their incredible sammiches either!

I have found that most places (i'd say 99%) that sell AYCE fish n chips usually have the fish you don't want to eat a whole bunch of... at least in the metro D.

A random place for incredible fish (and ribs) is the Golden Feather on ford rd.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
QUOTE(EagleLarry @ Dec 27 2009, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mac & rays , algonac, not all you can eat but real good perch,friendly staff

If your talking about McRays "Big River" just north of Algonac, they were serving zander as perch and walleye. They may have ceased that practice as one of their sister restraurants was reported last summer for such a practice. They had "canadian walleye" on the menu and was serving zander. Big no-no.

·
Registered
156 Posts
QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Dec 28 2009, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(StillRob @ Dec 27 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(matt928 @ Dec 26 2009, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just got done reading thread regarding all you can eat perch recomendations. What about "fish 'n' chips"? Know of any good spots?

Thought I heard my name but nope, fortunately I love fish n chips too... and H.O.R. has some of the baddest around. Don't even get me started on their incredible sammiches either!

I have found that most places (i'd say 99%) that sell AYCE fish n chips usually have the fish you don't want to eat a whole bunch of... at least in the metro D.

A random place for incredible fish (and ribs) is the Golden Feather on ford rd.

H.O.R FTW!!!!!!!!! best damn sammys around!!!! and the coleslaw is just incredible!!!!! woo wooo!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Adair Bar is located @ St. Clair Hwy and Palms Rd.

The fish are great. During lent they are lined up to get in.

The Lynwood bar in Marysville is very good also. They are also well known for their Nachos.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
London Fish & chips on harper...fish is awesome, their fries/chips leave something to be desired though. I tried them after seeing one of their ads that read "Remember Milroys?". Does anyone remember Milroy's? Now there was the place for fish&chips, long gone now, but London's fish is very close. Haven't tried Dublin yet. I'm really interested in finding a place that makes fresh cut fries with their fish.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts